Model Cars Magazine Forum

blown caddy "A" coupe

brett

Resin body, AMT 32 ? chassis I think (outta ma parts box). Blown caddy from the ole 59 Elcam, blue streak slicks, Halibrands from a Polar lights funny and some old dragster wires up front all out of my parts boxes. Gonna be pretty channeled as pics to follow show. Caddy headers didnt want to play ball for the pics but Im sure ya'll get the general idea

sept011045.jpg

sept011044.jpg

sept011046.jpg

sept011048.jpg

not to good at this hot roddy stuff, so its leaning more to the drag rod side

55 Chevy pickup dropped front end with scratched bars,scratched and (still needing some modding) bomber seats and cushions. Cut out the stock exhaust so replaced whole floor (ribbed on the underside an all) and made up some engine and trans crossmember mounts

oct011004.jpg

oct011002.jpg

oct011005.jpg

oct011006.jpg

oct011007.jpg

so as it sits its at the perfect height , just need to make up some shock mounts and mount the radiator and I can start painting it

thanks guys, delved into the parts box and styrene supplies before I went to the paint stand today,with front shocks and radiator coming from one and the top shock mount/ headlight mounts coming from the other

oct011012.jpg

oct011011.jpg

oct011010.jpg

oct011008.jpg

oct011013.jpg

paint is a green nail polish over coarse aluminum DuPont, and grille is some fly screen (I think) mesh

• 3 weeks later...