Model Cars Magazine Forum

'77 Jeep CJ7

Moparkid13

Hi Im new to the forum Ive been looking around here for a long time now but this is going to be my first post.. It's a 77 jeep cj7, It's my most recent build. The only thing I done to it to customize it was lift it a little. On this model i had to cut the differential and axles off of the leaf springs and flip them. The color is spray can testors one coat star spangled blue...

6206689506_8124f331d3.jpg

100_1756 by moparkid13, on Flickr

6206688786_3b6cafe193.jpg

100_1755 by moparkid13, on Flickr

6206690492_539666c333.jpg

100_1757 by moparkid13, on Flickr

6206744852_290ee23922.jpg

100_1774 by moparkid13, on Flickr

Let me know what ya think and thinks for looking...

Looks good, shiny paint and nice detailing. The only flaw I saw was on the picture of the left front fender there looked to be a mold line that could have been sanded off, otherwise it appears that you have the skills to build nice models!

Keep them coming, I would like to see more of your work!

Nice Jeep you got there.

Like everyone else said, aside from the faults we see (which aren't that many) you have the high potential to be a master modeler one day.

(Heck, looks like you have a better start than I did)

BTW, not to hijack this thread or anything. But i'd like to show off my CJ-7 I did a few months ago.

Mostly box stock, aside from adding a HEMI motor from a '32 Ford 5 window kit.

I even left the kits molded color on the body, being there were no inperfictions or swril marks. Then I sanded off the mold lines and whatever other junk, and just applied future floor wax on it.

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02149.jpg

DSC02151.jpg

DSC02153.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

I left the doors off because they were a pain to get right due to warpage (maybe because mine is an older issue while yours is a newer release which should have a better casting)