Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Mercury Rising" 1949 Mercury Convertible / "Bubble Top"

John Teresi

Hello.......this build started with a Revell 49 Mercury kit.......I wanted to make a 2 n`1 conversion kit : a Convertible and "Bubble Top"...... the model is called "Mercury Rising"........I cut off the roof and I made a few modification`s.......I used a Flathead engine from the Revell 37 Ford pick-up kit........I painted the body Alclad......the nose was airbrushed with Tamiya clear blue ,red,orange and yellow for a burnt effect...... and I stripped all the chrome and painted it Alclad.......interior is Dupont "Jarrett" red......I used bare-metal foil and flocking.... JPS wheels......and "Pro Tech": t`fittings,rubber fuel line, detailing wire, gauges,spark plug wires,wire looms and nut and bolt ends.......if you would like to see how I built this model......please look in "Work Bench" section......thank`s for looking.

DSCF0943.jpg

DSCF0939.jpg

DSCF0921.jpg

DSCF0957.jpg

DSCF1015.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Truly amazing! That painting with alclad looks wicked. I like that burnt effect on the frontend of it. Engine detailing is jaw-dropping, as usual. That is just so smooth and clean build as always. I like to see this 2 in 1 version with the bubble top also. Great job with it.

Edited by W-409

John this time the design does not trip my trigger. But as usual the craftsmanship is beyond reproach. I think the ALcad would probably show every bodywork flaw like it has a spotlight on it, but I can't see a blemish. The engine bay and interior look perfectly authentic. Fantastic work.