Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Mercury Rising" 1949 Mercury Convertible / "Bubble Top"

John Teresi

Were do you get the engine wires and hoses and clamps and all that. I would really like to build a nice model like that but don't know where to buy the detailing parts.

On page 1, he said he got them from Pro Tech...

http://protechmodelparts.com/

(Click on Model Car Parts Catalog, then click on the parts numbers to see pictures of the parts)

Of course, there are many other sources.

Edited by sjordan2

Old Guy Stuff: Check out John's Merc build in Under Glass. Remember I left a glass on table. Better get it before I hear about it. Go downstairs. Why did I come downstairs? Glasses !! I'm looking for my glasses. Well, they're not down here. Back upstairs I go. Look at computer monitor. Hey, there's John's Merc. How cool is that? Oh yeah, I need a glass of root beer. Back downstairs. As I head for the kitchen I think, "What am I gonna tell John he hasn't heard over and over?" Got root beer, back upstairs. Sit down, crack knuckles and prepare to type. Phone rings........

Four days later, I'm thinking to myself, "Why hasn't Teresi started another build?" Check Under Glass. Yup, it's done. Can't remember what my comment was. Search both pages; no comment from Batzilla.

You'll all be there some day........

BTW, nice build John. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see your next project. Where's my glasses...........