Introduction

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi! Everyone,

My name is Keith. I'm just getting back into model building. Got a "Hobby Room" set up in my home. I'm collecting tools and supplies. I've found out that being away from modeling has put me behind the 8-Ball, technology wise. So I may be askin' lots of questions about what's new, what to use, and how to use it.

I like to build the large scales, 1/16, 1/12, and 1/8. Lots easier to detail. I like to detail. I like to build drag race cars and hot rods from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. I've also been collectin' older "Super Car" kits, Cobra, Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc. Also older open wheel cars, Indy and F1. I just picked a couple of GP bikes to build too.

I also work on full scale cars now and then. I'm a "Bleed Blue" Ford guy. I got the model building bug from my Dad.

Thanks In Advance For Your Knowledge And Advice! Have A Great Day!

Edited by Uncle Keith

Posted · Report post

My dad quit building models in about 1964. He was amazed at how far they have come when he looked at one of my more modern kits, and he was shocked to find the price was a slight bit higher than he paid! However, he agreed that they are still a great value considering what comes in the box these days. He won't build again, but he does look in on what I have going every now and then.

Welcome back, and unlike my dad, don't let the technology scare you off. Questions are the best way to learn.......ask away.

Posted · Report post

You joined the right place to get inspired as well as learn what's new.

Posted · Report post

Welcome back, Keith. This forum has people with amazing talents and they don't seem to mind sharing their knowledge with other members. I think you'll like it here.

Posted · Report post

Welcome to the community, Keith. I hope one of the first things you do sooner rather than later is show us you workbench and you hobby room. Eye candy is the currency of this forum economy, or so I hear!

Have fun and enjoy your styrene addiction. We'll help keep you hooked! Cheers.

Posted · Report post

THANKS for the warm welcome!

I've been lookin' around at some of the builds. WOW!!! I am truly humbled.

I'll get some pics up of the workbench and the Hobby Room ASAP!

You're right! I think I will like it here!

Have A Great Day!

Posted · Report post

Welcome aboard Uncle Keith, you couldn't have found a better place to be.. :D

I call this Place Home..

( I have a dysfunctional Family so it evens out :lol: :lol: )