Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Road Boss (Almost done, new pics)

Just picked one up today at my local HS. Can't wait to get started on this although I know I probably won't for a month or more. Haven't decided on a theme yet but at least I have time to think about it.

Ron

Edited by ronrdrcr

Guest Johnny

be prepared that not much of that kit fits OOB. i thought the White Freightliner was bad, until i started to build the Road Boss

What do you want? Easy or a challenge? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ! that looks magic , i like the short bonnet . B) What engine you useing ??????

Just have the stock road boss engine in it right now minus the turbo. WIll have to fab a naturally aspirated intake and exhaust because the turbo was in the passengers footwell while installed.

Ron

Looks good Ron. What's your opinion of that cordless rotary tool? Do you find it powerful enough and the battery life sufficient?

Bryan

It works good for modeling, the battery seems a little weak at times, but it sat uncharged for about 6 months so I may have messed it up my self.

Ron

I think the wheelbase is just about right for a daycab tractor. If your going to put a sleeper on it you might need to add a little more length.

The hood came out really nice. Did you have any issues with the firewall?

Dad's truck was originally a day cab single axle so I'm thinking after looking at it today that the wheelbase just might be right.

Here's a shot of where I'm going with this.

DiamondReo-19.jpg

img290.jpg

DiamondReo-02.jpg

Ron

I guess I forgot to mention that I am going to recreate dads diamond reo and I am using this road boss as practice. I have the trans star sleeper and the astro bumper (Thanks again to R nagle). So all I need is a Diamond Reo hood (which is coming from a forum member on another forum). Once they reissue the Diamond Reo I'll probably end up buying about 10 kits to cut up and play around with to make different versions of my dad's truck.

Ron

Edited by ronrdrcr

Just have the stock road boss engine in it right now minus the turbo. WIll have to fab a naturally aspirated intake and exhaust because the turbo was in the passengers footwell while installed.

Ron

What about the motor from the autocar ? It's a natural breather .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

l'm as far as I'm going with this practice build. Looking good so far, need some better masking tape as the paint bled through. The pearl white looks silver on top of the gray primer. I think she looks pretty good so far though. Now to get me a DR and start working on it.

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

Ron