Model Cars Magazine Forum

Completed..Initial D Sileighty, and Red S13 Silvia, 56k Naw

Gray Smith

Hey folks,

This is officially my first "under glass" post....coool. These 2 have been done for a while, and now I've finally gotten around to taking some good pics of them with my new camera. The Sileighty is box stock, with Tamiya Mica Blue paint on it. The red one is my interpretation of a daily driven 240sx with the front end swap, suspension, wheels, and an exhaust....not necessarily a drifter, but a good handling car. Seats are Tamiya r33 units from an old built up of mine, wheels are Fujimi Advan Onis, the exhaust is scratched up from aluminum tubing, and the suspension was of course lowered(what a pain, I lowered it the right way, only to have it mess up on me during final assembly thanks to an ill fitting chassis, so the tires are just superglued to the chassis). Paint is Tamiya Italian Red in many coats, with many coats of clear and lots of polishing(and it ended up getting messed up during final assembly..this is a 2 footer(20 footer in full scale???) and last night I pulled it off the shelf and did some panel lines, and added a photo-reduced license plate that used to be on my full size 240 to finish 'er up. Hope you guys like em, comments and critiques welcome

both1.jpg

sil8015.jpg

sil8014.jpg

sil8013.jpg

sil8012.jpg

sil8011.jpg

sil8010.jpg

silvia17.jpg

silvia16.jpg

silvia15.jpg

silvia14.jpg

silvia13.jpg

silvia10.jpg

silvia11.jpg

Guest roadkill2525

Im not much for tuners but these are impresive. Nice, clean and something that would be running around my area. Keep up the good work.

very nice, i have a later 240sx so i have a weak spot for these cars, even the earlier series, which i think in some ways looks better than the later one like i have.

do a search for "two bad nissans" or something like that to see pics of my skyline plus silvia

I'm no fan of tuners either, but I hafta admit these two are very tastefully done. Nice job on both! The colors are great...I especially like that Mica blue.

BTW...looks like they have about a 20 car garage to park in! :wink:

Gray, nice job on both. The Sileighty is sweet, and has the right "attitude".

With Aoshima releasing several new tunerized S13 Silvia kits in the next couple of months, I might take a crack at one of them. They are really starting to define a new standard that, as prolific as Fujimi is, Fujimi has not yet matched.

• 3 months later...