Model Cars Magazine Forum

in my post about the w900l some had said that they used the 1:24 scale Italeri "american cargo" trailer with a reefer unit for his model. but i asked about the trailer with the steer on the side. and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the name and make model number on this one so im able to find it!

also any advice on the two trailers ? some one said the boogies need changed to a modern dollies? advice on where to find said dollies once i wanna make change ?

thanks so much for info.

aslo in the trailers questions i wanna get some info on a good looking modern dump bucket, and also anyone ever make or see a casting to do a mac'amizer semi circle dump?

yes gw trucks offers a nice half round steel dump frameless trailer..and im workin on the master for a frame type 36;102 dump trailer mac smooth side..

Hey Gordon, are you working with Gary or is this something your doing for yourself?

The boogie is a frame that sits on top of the axles that supports the box (van) . I know this very well. I spent nearly 2 years straight changing bent boogies while working in Swift's trailer shop in the Cols.,Ohio terminal (major wreck shop). They'd come in w/ the right front axle chained up the rfi/rfo wheels off in the back becasue the driver clipped something very hard while attempting a turn!!! LOL That suspension in the kit resembles a 9700 series Hutch (I think that's what it was) spring ride.

The dolly legs are similar to Austin Mfg. dolly legs mostly found on chassis (container). The trailer in that kit might be an old Timpte or a Wabash? So the dolly legs for that year of trailer could have been those similar to Austins. I can say this. The legs are out of scale undersize. Most of the dolly legs found under trailers these days are JOST,Binkly,Holland, and another brand I can't think of right now.