Model Cars Magazine Forum

What a joke!

100_1301.jpg

Are you kidding me????? I used the Rust Oleum "metallic" (It actually dries to a chrome finish...) And it pulls this on me!! Do I strip it, or say screw it and put the parts on the model? I washed all parts before painting. If I put it on in light coats, it dries with a very rough texture. But when I do wet coats, it runs!

This one can of paint is pushing me dangerously close to giving up building.

I just wish I could get a break sometime.

Edited by Andy C.

Thanks. I also fail at holding the camera without my hands shaking, kind of hard to hold it still when you're "shouting" things at the paint. :lol:

Dave, I originally was going to use this in place of Metalizer, because this stuff is cheaper. Guess I won't be doing that now.

Edited by Andy C.

Andy, if you take a rag with toothpaste on it, it will dull out the chrome shine to an aluminum finish... along with making the serface smoother.

Most slivers (even ones marked metalic sliver or flat/dull aluminum) do this, I dinno why but if you want a more realstic finish, try the methiod I mentioned above.

Edited by V-spec

I use all different brands of paint for colors... usually DupliColor, sometimes Krylon, sometimes others... all are much cheaper per ounce than "hobby paints" (when a 3 ounce can of spray paint cost me 6 bucks I tend to look for alternatives!)... but one area where I do stick with "hobby paints" is metalizers.