Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1940 Custom Pick Up--Coming Soon

Dr. Cranky

The dash isn't stock either. The kit has a passenger car dash. Pickups had their own dash. The rolling stock from the Revell 40 Ford Standard kit would be a shoe in if you wanted to build it stock, and would definitely be an improvement over what's in there, even if you wanted a rod version. For a stock front axle, I bet the 36 Ford axle would be a direct interchange. This whole thread is kinda making me want to dig one out...

you may have better luck with the Revell '40 Ford kits as donors for higher detailed chassis and running gear. the only thing there is the difference in scale if that's an issue, i've never tried it so i don't know.

i think the MCG flathead parts were done for the larger 1/24 flatheads in the old Monogram kits

i wasnt thinking chassis wise i was thinking wheels and tires wise. make a traditional rod out of it.

There a Gene winfield built 41 id like to make a clone of. Need rear fenders from the AMT 50 chevy pick up and a bed from a 56 ford to do it though.

howzabout the chrome reverse wheels and wide whites from the Revell Merc? i love those, but finding the right build to use them on is problematic.

I think they would be even better on this truck than in the Merc kit they came in, because the larger lug bolt pattern is more in scale with the truck than with the Merc. Great idea.