Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Fujimi Pantera?

It doesn't look like the wide fender Gunze/Testors Pantera at all. If anything it looks like the resin kit Fujimi commissioned MFH to make a few years ago.

I really hope they would release it in plastic this time. The Marui kit is workable but is hard to find, and the Gunze/Arii/Imai kits would take a lot of work for them to look right.

Based on this spy video, looks like DeTomaso is prepping a new Pantera.

http://www.motorauth...e-factory-video

Pretty decent looking. Too bad in my opinion about the round tailights an proposed GM engine though! I guess I am a traditionalist :P

Sorry for the off topic about 1:1.

It would be nice to have an all new tooling kit preferably with engine!

Edited by bigphoto

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if its plastic or the same resin kit they released some time ago. Either Way I am VERY excited about this. None of the Revell releases interested me this year except maybe, sorta-kinda, the 62 Corvette. This totally makes up for it.

Given the price it seems to be an all plastic version.

Hey Jeff, that was a nice build!

I'm very excited about the Fujimi Pantera indeed. If it is anything like their Ferrari kits then it wouldn't be too difficult to slip an engine into it. At 3,000 yen it's not cheap, but far better than the $60 up the various old Pantera kits are fetching in eBay.