Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone here play guitar?

Lots of great looking gear here. I'm in my mid 50's and I've been playing since I was 17 and still love it. Also I am looking for a Boss RC 2 loop pedal at this time if anyone has one they would like to trade for some PT parts. I have a listing in the "Swap" section please stop by.

Thanks and keep those fingers moving!

Charlie

Pro Tech

Harry P.

Dean is most definitely still in business. I have two Dean Razorbacks. A 2009 with a string-thru body, and a 2011 with a Floyd Rose, and a Seymour Duncan SH-13 Dimebucker which is in here on the forums under my Civil War Chargers post under upcoming projects. Also, I have two B.C. Rich guitars. A Kerry King Signature Series Warlock, and an 80's Mockingbird neck-thru hand made custom. A Squier Strat, a Washburn Day Tripper acoustic, and an el-cheapo First Act Wal Mart guitar. I've been playing for right at 20 years now, and am still obsessed with it. P.S., Dean Zelinsky has another company now also called DBZ Guitars.

Lots of great looking gear here. I'm in my mid 50's and I've been playing since I was 17 and still love it. Also I am looking for a Boss RC 2 loop pedal at this time if anyone has one they would like to trade for some PT parts. I have a listing in the "Swap" section please stop by.

Thanks and keep those fingers moving!

Charlie

Pro Tech

Please disregard the above of trading Pro Tech parts for the pedal. Harry said I should not post a trade of my parts for another subject not being model car related. Sorry Harry my intension was not to make this trade a "Craig's List" trade as you stated in my other post under "Swap, Trade or Free"

Please disregard the above of trading Pro Tech parts for the pedal. Harry said I should not post a trade of my parts for another subject not being model car related. Sorry Harry my intension was not to make this trade a "Craig's List" trade as you stated in my other post under "Swap, Trade or Free"

I'd help you, but I'm cheap. I use Behringer pedals. :lol:

anyone know how to make a guitar player play softly?

put some sheet music in front of him.

guitars are best left to supplying the riddim if you ask me. and of course you did not.

Yessir, I can sight read albeit slowly. But once I go through it once I'm usually good.

After that it's shred city, if it calls for it of course....

Bob

I play some.

I have 9 Ovation products:

1968 Deluxe Balladeer (Shiney Bowl) My Dad's guitar, they bought it when I was a baby and he played and sng in bars to bring in extra money to feed us. He gave it to me the year before he was killed in an auto accident.

1977 Custom Balladeer (My Son's 1st Ovation)

1980's Applause (My Son's beater guitar)

1981 Concert Classic (Nylon String)

1987 Collector's Series (A/E)

1988 Collector's Series (A/E)

1989 1718 Deep Bowl Elite (A/E) (Now my Son's, he got a nice birthday present :)

1990 12 String Custom Legend built as a custom for me by Ovation. I had it done kind of as a tribute to my Dad.

2005 Adamas W-597 Cobalt (A/E) AN AMAZING GUITAR!

Lastly,

2009 Composite Acoustics OX (A/E) Donated to me when I was in Iraq. All carbon fiber construction, impervious to weather changes so t's a perfect deployment guitar.

At any rate, I have waaaaay more money tied up in my guitars than I have playing ability :)

• 1 month later...

I've played professionally, now just for the fun of making music. I am still well-geared, as is my son, Steve. He prefers his Gibson Flying Vee or a Strat (both real and vintage) and either an EB-3 or my P-Bass. I like my Tele and Strat. Depending upon whom you ask, one of us has a Marshall stack (100w plexi lead) with 1960a and 1960b cabs. I have a 1969 Twin with JBLs, two G-K heads and four 2x12 Neo cabs. I play through my Princeton Reverb a lot, while Steve like the Super Champ XD. We have a V-neck Strat, too. Let's see...a full PA....Yahama 12-channel board, JBL cabs, Shures...echo...lots of effects...oh, yeah, two Bassman heads and cabs....can't forget the roots....