Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone here play guitar?

Andy there are many versions of the Epi Les Paul right from beginner ($150 ish) onto almost a grand. The thing is that an Epiphone Les Paul or SG (both affordable beginner versions) will ave a different neck feel than the Fender/Ibanez/Peavy/etc guitars. You really need to play then to see which one you like. Guitar center, if you have one close by, is a great play to do that to see which one you like.

This is all the Epi guitars online at GE for under 200.

http://www.guitarcen...gorysearch=true

I'd definitely eventually get the Epi Les Paul Junior, but it's only got the one humbucker :(

Edited by Andy C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree Les Pauls rule!!!!!!!! I have a Heritage H-150 model which is an excellent copy of one and it is my favorite of my small collection. Hey Scalenut is that a Hamer with the Explorer type body?

It's a Hamer standard flametop with seymour duncans,

I did change the knobs out to look more 70's vintage, the originals are black

hamerstd.jpg

Edited by scalenut

I own 3 Gibson Firebirds, Played through a Marshall X-100 Half Stack. I have played in various bands over the last 23 years. I started at the age of 13, And was playing anything I heard on the radio, I'm self tought, I have an ear for music, I can hear a song a few times, And pick up mu guitar and play along with it, Heres a hard one for you, Learn "Run To The Hills" from Maiden. That song bores me. I can play that entire album note for note.

http://www.sagamusic.com/catalog/products.aspx?categoryid=4&familyid=2&brandid=77

Here is a place where you can get a kit to build your own guitar. I bought a kit off of Ebay a few years ago for $100.00. I work nights so I had the time and place to put it together. I took it to a music store and had it checked and set up properly. There was a guy that was an electrician that worked nights and was a professional Bluegrass musician also. I took the finished guitar and a little single tube amp I bought to work for him to play and he could not believe how nice an instrument it was for the money. If you like building models, you will like building a guitar. I for one just like building stuff. I have built a couple of Stereo Vacuum tube amps and a Vacuum tube stereo preamp. Nothing like a nose full of solder fumes!

Yeah The wife loves my hair, Hers is to her waist, I got lucky so far pushing 40 and still have all my hair,The last time I had short hair was when I was 13, This hair has got me in alot of trouble, Funny if you look like a rockstar you have women falling all over you, My wife always teases me about it, Every place we go I get comments , Some good, Some bad.

I got one of these for Christmas:

I've been wanting one since it came out last year, to play and program my synthesizers even though I am really bad at playing keys. Considering that a setup to use a real guitar as a midi controller could cost upwards of $1,000, I think this is a great alternative.

Edited by bronxrumble5

• 1 month later...

I got my 1st guitar for Xmas in '73. Start taking it seriously in '76 & joined my 1st band in '79, mostly singing. Played with & started various bands throughout the '80s & early '90s. The main reason I stopped building models. I had a lot of great times, wrote a lot of songs, but couldn't handle the "baggage" that comes with playing in R&R bands. I wouldn't call it a living, but I survived along with construction jobs here & there. I finally had to give it up when the kids started coming. I still at least touch a guitar every day. I got rid of most of them through the years, but maintain 2 6-string acoustics, a 12-string acoustic, 2 6-string electrics, & a bass. various harmonicas, tamborines, maracas, etc. It's very cool when I get a chance to play but have no one to jam with, it's just not the same.

I have a Fender Precision Bass and a Fender Bassman 100 Amp. Used to have a Fender Jazz Bass and an Ampeg SVT amp, but sold them a long time ago. I played in a bunch of different bar bands and garage bands from the late 60's thru 2000. Played mostly 60's & 70's Rock, Southern Rock, and I really love playing the Blues. I haven't played at all since June of 2000 when I had several TIA's or small strokes. I miss it a lot.