Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

Any one interested in a Revell 2005-2010 mustang CBP?

This is for Mustangs from 2005-2011, it does not have to be a revell kit, but I think they are the only ones currently doing any newer mustangs.

It doesn't matter how you build it, just has to be a mustang

Let me know if you want to join , lets us know what mustang kit and year you are going to build, and any other info if you want.

Any questions just ask.

Me- 07 shelby gt500, 2010 mustang

Rick Schmidt- 08 Bullitt?,2010 GT

Chuck Most- ?

Mrmike- 07 Shelby gt500?

Mannyclub- 2006 GT

Olskoolrodder- Bullitt

miguelitochamoy - 06 GT

polandmob - 07 gt500

08seal-

devilsnake88

dirkpitt289

whale392

rdean58

Edited by martinfan5

If I get one of these kits soon, I might jump in. I'm planning to do something like this, Super Stocker......

6_262518.jpg

But first I need to buy that kit.... I'll buy one from the local Model Car contest which is coming soon, if I have money.

I'm in for sure I'm eyeballin the 2010 now but gotta get a bit of extra cash which is kinda hard while building a real Mustang lol. If i don't get the 2010 soon I'll do a Bullitt and an 08 KR

Ok just let me know, I will keep this open for awhile, I will be starting mine soon.

If I get one of these kits soon, I might jump in. I'm planning to do something like this, Super Stocker......

6_262518.jpg

But first I need to buy that kit.... I'll buy one from the local Model Car contest which is coming soon, if I have money.

I like that

Well I got money to buy a '10 but decided that money needed to go into my real Mustang lol so I ordered an oil pan gasket for her lol. So I'll be in with my 08 Bullitt to start out. Gonna be pretty well stock with the exception of lowering its suspension a little bit and getting rid of the kit truck tires

Not saying I will jump in here (as my FOX builds have me strung up for time), but I have probably half-a-dozen S197s started. I will keep this in mind and see what hits my bench.

Thanks for starting a build thread for the S197........I was contemplating it to go with my FOX and SN95 threads.

Not saying I will jump in here (as my FOX builds have me strung up for time), but I have probably half-a-dozen S197s started. I will keep this in mind and see what hits my bench.

Thanks for starting a build thread for the S197........I was contemplating it to go with my FOX and SN95 threads.

Well anytime you are ready to join, I think we have the mustangs covered now

Well anytime you are ready to join, I think we have the mustangs covered now

What about the 1964 1/2 to 1966, the 1967 to 1968, the 1969 to 1970, the 1971 to 1973 (maybe all these years as a group), and the 1974 to 1978 Mustang II's? I know there are a lot of individual builds already on the forum, but there's always room for new builds for Mustang lovers.

I would have started a CPB on any (or all) of these, but other commitments make that impossible right now.

Maybe someone else has the interest and inspiration? That would be neat! Any takers?

We could cover every generation of Mustang, and would have participation in all of them! IF that were to happen, it would have to be 1964.5-73 (First Gen), 1974-78 (Second Gen), 1979-94 (Third Gen, we have going), 1994-2004 (Forth Gen, also going), 2005 to present (fifth Gen, also going on right here!). I say go for it.

I (personal opinion here) am glad to see 1979-2012 represented, as Late models seem to always be looked on with lack of love, unlike the First-Gen cars (1964.5-1973). Now, a truly unloved Mustang was the Second-gen 1974-78. THOSE cars need some love!

Well here is a little update, since I was waiting for the tire and wheels to get here from japan, I really did not want to do a lot work on the chassis in-tell the tires/wheels got here so I would know what the fit would be, and if I there would be any fit issues.

The tires and wheels are here and just doing a real quick mock up show that there wont be in fit issues, and I wont have to trim the inside wheel wells .

The intereior and chassis is painted, I am not finished painting the chassis yet, but I am not happy with how either look so far, been having a bit of bad time with painting lately .

fm1.jpg

fm3.jpg

fm2.jpg

Got some more , the chassis is almost complete, got the tires and wheels fitted, I had to trim some off the sides of the rear axle to get the tires in the wheel well more. Its a close fit, any more I would have to trim the inside of the wheel well. I swapped out the front brakes for a bigger set, as the kit ones look way to small with this wheel set.

I painted the wheels black, but I need to give them another coat as I chip some of the paint off. The body is painted and I will say that it is not one of my better paint jobs, I need to clear it still then I am going to wet sand and polish it, maybe I can get it to look better.

fm6.jpg

fm.jpg

fm5.jpg

fm4-1.jpg

fm3-2.jpg

fm2-2.jpg

We could cover every generation of Mustang, and would have participation in all of them! IF that were to happen, it would have to be 1964.5-73 (First Gen), 1974-78 (Second Gen), 1979-94 (Third Gen, we have going), 1994-2004 (Forth Gen, also going), 2005 to present (fifth Gen, also going on right here!). I say go for it.

I (personal opinion here) am glad to see 1979-2012 represented, as Late models seem to always be looked on with lack of love, unlike the First-Gen cars (1964.5-1973). Now, a truly unloved Mustang was the Second-gen 1974-78. THOSE cars need some love!

IDK if I would say "lack of love"...from '79 to present there's almost a cult-like following (at least in 1:1). I'm all for adding CBP's of the other gens not currently ongoing here! I think it's an awesome idea. Of course,here lately (as in,this year,LOL) I've been having trouble getting me to sit at the bench and build...but I have a few ongoing and a couple wanting started.

I also have several parts cars for the S197's (what survived the house fire back in June,not complete kits sadly),one in the stash ('08 Bullitt),and at least one of each on lay-away ('06 GT,all the Shelby varients,and a '10) that I should have already paid\picked up already (soon!). I say go for it,especially with the open end date (as in "to infinity and beyond!" ;) )

Edited by Olskoolrodder