Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

I agree, I am not surprised that it falls together, the 1/25 version does as well.

The building of the interior can be a pain in the arse as I found out on the Red one I did. The slots for the door panels can be fiddly. But the rest of the kit yeah, its nicely designed lol.

Oh its not enough to label 'hard' heavens no. Just a lil awkward how they did the panels. But yeah its a well thought out design. Not AS well thought as their Italia kit. Now that thing is brainless to fit together lol

I agree, the 458 is very nice and easy to build

I'm just starting work on a more-or-less box stock build of the '10 GT Ragtop snap kit...

NIB.jpg

...I just need something to get me going,LOL! :P

I've got the body smoothed of those 4 pesky mold lines,and the body/chassis prepped for spray/primer (ie: washed/drying with dish soap and warm H2O),should be shooting primer soon :)

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Me too. I wanted a few of these when released,one for the Boy,a few for me (one to build box stock,one each for a full detail conversion o the GT and GT500 into ragtops),this one will be the box-stock build-I NEED to get smething built,LOL! :P

The body is pretty decent,only 4 noticable mold lines,so once I got those smoothed I shot the initial primer (not doing the gold,or molded color thing :wacko: ).

008.jpg

009.jpg

I haven't shot pics yet,but the interior's almost done(building assembly IS done,it's straight from the box,but I have some paint detailing to do yet),I'll shoot pics in a bit or tomorrow. So far,so good...no interest lost,LOL! :P:lol:

Interior pics (pre-paint detailing)...

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

And I shot the first coats of color (Duplicolor Ford Cardinal Red-same color code as my 1:1 '94 GT ragtop in my signature was B) ). Not the best pic I've ever posted...I miss my old camera :(

005-1.jpg

Haven't decided on stripes if any (I have to choose from; stickers included in this kit,and decals from the GT hardtop kit). More to come...

I dig em,but I wonder how those stickers will do with a coat of Duplicolor clear shot over em...

And AWW DANG...I forgot to prep,prime and shoot the dang mirrors,LMBO! :lol: I'm really not rushing this...but I could conceivably finish it today (it's 2:25am here),LOL,it's my b-day so I'm sure i I pushed it,everyone would lemme work on it all day :P:lol:

LOL me too (mirrors),LMBO! :lol: Thanks (b-day wishes),it certainly has been so far :) On the decals,well..I have 2 NIB '10 GT hardtop kits,I'll go look at those,see what colors they come in (one's opened and GROK'd,the other still sealed),I'm looking at wanting to do in in black for stripes. I ALMOST sprayed that a deep and deeply metallic charcoal,but I like the ragtops in red (who knew? :P:rolleyes: ),and I'm saving that for a '10 GT500 kit down the road. I haven't piddled with it yet today,after sleeping in,I'm getting on the daily have-to's than I'll hit it,updates today sometime B)

Do you really need mirrors on a Mustang?

You just have to keep your windshield clear. Everyone will be AHEAD of you! :lol:

B)

Never saw tail lights of a Hemi Challenger or noob Camario SS in the Stang Ragtop in my avatar,my friend-and it was an old pushrod 5.0L without boost or NOS (of course...I only ever raced that one Hemi Challenger at Bristol Dragway-he was bone stock and didn't know what he was doing,and never had op to race a new SS :blink::lol: )

Yeah,I'm thinking the satin/matte black,would save me some effort,look decent,and might even be the way they came...when I was looking at buying one in '10 (long story,and it was before the fed gov screwed me out of 95% of my SSDI backpay,LOL!),the mirrors ain't what I was looking at :P

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Thanks guys. It did turn out pretty crisp (all but the rear license area,it was dang near impossible to get the tape down in there,I expected that and will touch it up). I'll get pics later today (getting ready for church in a few minutes,and teaching the wife to ride a bike for the first time after we get back :D ).

Lawrence: Yes,actually,the GT's (as well as the V6 cars) geberally had all that trim. It wasn't actually "black"-not grey,but like a sun-faded black (less black than black? :P ). I used a Ford black (Duplicolor),and it sure is black-black,LOL,looks to my eye like painted two tone rather than unpainted plastic (maybe I shoulda used that can of "Universal Black" Duplicolor,I know it to be a bit lighter)-methinks I'll hit it with 1200 grit to scuff it just a bit after clearing it all later tonight/tomorrow,make it look more accurate.

Sometime today* I'll get that rear touched up (and post pics of how it sits right now),get the decals on,trim painted (like windshield,etc),and try to get the clear shot (and paint them dang mirrors I keep forgetting,argh! :P:lol: ),and get some more pics coming.

*Just about to start getting ready for church in a few,and when we get back,the Wife is FINALLY going to let me load up a pair of folding bikes to head over to Steele Creek Park's Lake Trail (a gravel multi-use path) to teach her how to ride a bike :DB) ,so it may be later this eve :)