Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

I think I'll get in on this, just purchased a GT500 KR this past weekend.

Not my first model build but I did have a few questions. I've been lurking on the site for about a week or so and just wondered what you folks use for filler/body mods.. and what product is everyone calling the purple bath? Sorry for the noobish questions :)

Hope to add some pics later on as the build progresses.

Welcome to the forum and the CBP, to answer some of your questions, the purple stuff is a cleaner we use to strip paint, its called purple cleaner, or purple power, or castrol super cleaner, it can be found at wally world. It will only strip paint that is enamel and acrylic based paints.

I use putty for my mods, I just started using bondo automotive putty

Here is an update on E2, its a big one

Body is painted, chassis is getting done, I took photos showing how to lower both the front and rear, I forgot to take pics of the shocks, but all you have to do is cut them down. And depending on how low you want to lower the rear, you may have remove a little bit of the top part of the top of the axle front piece

pm1.jpg

pm2.jpg

pm3.jpg

pm8.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Alright, now I have good reference pictures for my Super Stock Mustang build, and I guess you will see some progress on mine soon. Thanks to mcandela for the pictures, they were absolutely amazing. :D

Also when lower the suspension, if you are using the kit tires you cant go any lower then I did with this one and what the pics show, if so you will have to remove the inside wheel wells.

I am using the 06 shelby gt h kit , and using the hood from the KR kit.

Not much done with the Mustang yet, but I glued the engine block halves together. Next some sanding, and then I will be able to paint that. Rear slicks are also found from my parts box, they look very good when I did little Mock-Up.

This is the basis-Revell Special Edition kit.

64b46d9fb201ed3393a96d30bcc7.jpg

P3090170.jpg

P3090168.jpg

I'm liking the progress on your E2, Jonathan. Keep up the good work! I have made some progress on Caitlyn's Mustang.

The Story

McNally has what he was hoping for...a license plate number! A trip to police headquarters to see Millie in Records got him the name and address of the owner of the Chevy. But, on his way out of Records he runs into Det. Steven Darvell. Det. "Waddle" as McNally calls him for his size and the way he walks, grabs his arm and says, "This department is for official Police business only." McNally responds by saying, "Technically, this is Assault, do want to go for Battery?" Det. Darvell lets go of McNally's arm and he leaves the building, but not before saying, "See Darvell...you can make a smart decision."

The Build

Tonight I started working on the engine. At this point it is only partially assemble while wait for other parts that have been painted to dry.

2010Mustang13.jpg

2010Mustang14.jpg

2010Mustang15.jpg

McNally will return...

The Story

McNally drives out to the address on the printout that Maggie gave him and he parks just down the street to observe the residence and watch the people milling about including the owner of the Malibu, a young man named Jesse. He had hoped that the house would be empty so he could look around inside, but not today. A metallic red Lincoln limousine with oversized chrome wheels and tires pulls up to the house and he recognizes the limo as belonging to Big Tommy T, a local crime lord. Jesse and the others get into the limo and the limo drives away while McNally slouches in his seat so he wouldn't be seen. After the limo passes, McNally pulls out his cellphone and calls Reuben "The Kitchen Sink" Sinkowski as he is going to need some backup on this case. Meanwhile, Caitlyn Scotson feels like someone is following her while she drives from her condo to work at the DA's office and the feeling is not sitting well with her.

The Build

The engine is complete.

2010Mustang16.jpg

The suspension pieces have been detail painted and are drying.

2010Mustang17.jpg

The chassis has been detail painted. I have been unable to find any chassis pics of the 2010 Mustang, so I took a llittle dramatic license and painted the chassis as you see it.

2010Mustang18.jpg

McNally will return...

Thanks Jonathan!

The Story

It is another morning for ADA Scotson as she drives to work. Caitlyn is starting to get a little nervous as she sees a silver sedan following her, several cars back. It dosen't matter if see tries to speed up or slow down...the sedan still keeps its distance. She turns into the parking lot for the District Attorneys Office and notices the sedan drives by the lot entrance and keeps on going down the street. She feels relieved and parks her car in her assigned spot, grabs her purse and briefcase and walks inside.

The Build

I have determined where to make my cuts on the interior platform. My original plan was to cut off the back seat and graft the convertible seat to the coupe interior platform. Instead, I have decided to cutoff the "doghouse" or inner fenders from the interior platform and glue it to the convertible interior platform.

2010Mustang19.jpg

A mockup of the interior and chassis.

2010Mustang20.jpg

I mocked up the chassis, interior platform, and the body to see how everything fits. The front of the chassis hits the front of the nose and even bows the crossmember. It also pushes the chassis back into the body where the front wheels will not be centered. I'll use a sanding stick on the chassis corners and round them until the chassis fits better.

2010Mustang21.jpg

McNally will return...

Jonathan, I usually don't have as much time to build during the week as I once had and my job takes a lot out of me so I am quite tired when I get home. I try to do what I can in whatever time is allowed me during the weekend. The snap kit seems more toy-like in appearance than the glue kit is. The body is sturdier and thicker than the glue kit body and the differences between the two kits requires more engineering than just being able to swap out the two bodies and then call it a day.