Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

Some real nice things still going on in this thread!

This has been a long time coming but.. my first picture update.

Been a pretty long labor of time and sanding

widestang.jpg

This has been my first 'real' modified body. Been on and off working on it and trying new things.

I'm sure you guys can tell but this is the GT500KR kit.

The rear windows have been filled, will be covered by scoops I stole from a 67 GT350 I think.

The wide body is cut and hacked and filled.. donated from an S10 Xtreme kit.

Like I said, trying new things and letting it come together.

No real good ideas on colors yet.. thinking a baby blue with some flat side stripes of some kind.. still up in the air.

Enjoy!

Edited by jnickel

Looking good, I like the 500KR kit, I think the wide body will good.

Well started painting the flag colors and he just went down hill from there, so stripping the body again, I think I am just going to the normal markings on it.

Edited by martinfan5

Looking good, I like the 500KR kit, I think the wide body will good.

Well started painting the flag colors and he just went down hill from there, so stripping the body again, I think I am just going to the normal markings on it.

Ditto the 500R

Jonathan don't wuss out, what happened?

G

Ditto the 500R

Jonathan don't wuss out, what happened?

G

Did the yellow part , no problems, nice clean lines, it was the blue, it bleed, and I didnt mask everything as good as I thought I did, so blue ended up getting on other parts of the body. Been having one of those few weeks, nothing is going right with models. I am trying to get the body strip, all the white,yellow and blue is gone, but still need to strip more of the primer, its a mess, I really messed this one up.

I actually accomplished quite a bit on Old Crow. Body's polished, and a bunch has been assembled. I'll have pics tomorrow, I'm just to frikkin' tired right now. I spent all morning babysitting the Gaming Control Board at their monthly meeting. It's like watching paint dry.

G

Sorry it took so long. Lots of stuff happening here.

Old Crow is up on her wheels now.

320.jpg

Interior looks like it belongs.

319.jpg

Shiny.

316.jpg

317.jpg

318.jpg

I'll give it a final polish, then the decals will go on. After a few bits and bobs she'll be done.

G

Looking killer there G, cant wait to see it finished

I will post an update soon, just need to take a pic

Here is the pic

p2-25.jpg

I took a few peoples advice and got me some Tamyia masking tape, now that I know Hobby Lobby sells it, I will be using it more from now on, so up next is getting the blue down, then the red. But it was the blue that messed things up the first time, so here we go again :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

Finally I found Supercharger for the CobraJet Mustang, it's resin part by Competition Resins. I painted it flat black, as in reference pictures. Also painted the intake manifold and transmission. Gear Box is painted with Humbroll Metallic 56. Now I can continue building the engine, and hopefully I can post more updates very soon.

P5060342.jpg

P5080344.jpg

P5080345.jpg

Sorry about those poor quality pictures. :rolleyes:

Driver's side finished. These decals are still wet in the pic. I am slowly getting the star and bar to settle into the curve of the body panel.

007-3.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

Photoyucket is acting like $&!% so these will be all for this evening.

G

Even though I don't have a build currently on here, I do stop in and look around and I like what I am seeing. The "Old Crow" looks fantastic! Jon, your Mustang is looking good as well as Niko's build.