Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fokti and getting started?

Hello all,

I see some of you using fokti for sharing your photos. I did a quick search and found im already registered over 2 years ago. Started looking to learn and got really confused so I thought id ask here. Is there different foktis for sharing? Account levels like the free to the yearly fee one? I have my own photography website (whish I might be closing or selling soon)using smugmug but would like to find something just for this hobby (posting, trading, selling etc)that costs less per year.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Drew C from SC.

Edited by DrewCfromSC

Guest Gramps-xrds

I've tried Fotki and didn't like it, so I use Photo bucket. I think it's much easier to post pictures to model sites and you get a lot of megabytes for free.

I have Fotki, store literally thousands of pic on a paid for account.

I do NOT recommend them. They have, and continue to lose my photos. It seems that every album I have (there must be over 100) has missing photos. Just a red X where the photo used to be. When I was new to the site, I would write to their service dept and ask where my pic was. It was confusing as they wanted a link to either the photo, or the page, but not both. Even then, they said there was nothing they could do. Now I have too many photos to transfer. I would like to hear from anyone else if they are missing any photos from Fotki.