Model Cars Magazine Forum

iHobby Preview from IMC

SteveG

Does the turbine car include a detailed turbine?

Its nice to see some of these old kits coming back, not terribly excited by any of them in particular but I'll get at least 1 of each.

I'd love to see an AMX, the old kits are way beyond what I'm willing to pay for one. I'd love to see some of the other AMC cars too.

Steve, do you know if the Turbine Car decal sheet will have the markings to do the white "The Lively Set" car, like the previous issue did?

I would like to but there's a licensing question to resolve because of the Movie connection. That may be why they weren't an exact match in the previous issue that Okey did.

The Full glue kit has not been available since Seville took over Jo-Han

That's probably a good thing- I had one of the Seville-era reissues, and every part that wasn't warped or short-shot was plauged with thick flash. And the sad part was Seville actually was said to have 'cleaned up' the tooling before that run. Basically the cleanup amounted to softening the script detail and losing the door sill engraving altogether, as far as I could see.

That reminds me- IMC? Please don't bother with reissuing the kit if the tooling is truly shot. I'd love to see the SC Rambler make a comeback, but if it's as nighmarish as the last reissue was molding quality-wise, I'll pass. B)

That's probably a good thing- I had one of the Seville-era reissues, and every part that wasn't warped or short-shot was plauged with thick flash. And the sad part was Seville actually was said to have 'cleaned up' the tooling before that run. Basically the cleanup amounted to softening the script detail and losing the door sill engraving altogether, as far as I could see.

That reminds me- IMC? Please don't bother with reissuing the kit if the tooling is truly shot. I'd love to see the SC Rambler make a comeback, but if it's as nighmarish as the last reissue was molding quality-wise, I'll pass. B)

From what I've heard and read, any and all reissues that can be manufactured with existing, usable ex-Johan tooling have already been done. In other words... there is no backlog of potential Johan reissues, because the tooling is either too incomplete, too badly damaged to make it financially viable to bring it back... or it's just flat out gone.

I've heard that as well.It was mentioned that the Rambler, Cutlass, and snap Turbine are being reissued first because the tooling is in good shape (and they even managed to provide some Olds Rallys for the Cutlass). Being that there is talk of refreshing/replacing molds if demand arises, I'm just hoping they keep molding quality in mind.

Great news! B)

It's shaping up to be a good new year for us builders! Let's support the effort with lots of kit sales, then we'll get more new releases :)

Hopefully I won't be buying too many kits in the future as I already have WAY too many kits already. It's getting kind of old buying new or re-issued kits just to throw on the "pile."

Hopefully I won't be buying too many kits in the future as I already have WAY too many kits already. It's getting kind of old buying new or re-issued kits just to throw on the "pile."

Hey, if you already have the Turbine and Cutlass kits on your pile, I'll gladly take 'em off your hands. :lol:

I have neither of those in my stash, they'll be tossed on my pile as soon as they're available.

• 1 month later...

When r these commin out?

I gonna bet they'll be hobby store exclusives 'cause if they sold these things at Michaels or K-mart, ppl will think these are some lame I-crapp games to shut up their ADHD 4-yr old. Trust me, at AC moore, some kid was lookin at a model kit and though it was some Xbox game... Sad isin't.

Edited by V-spec

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...