Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 PETE 359 IN THE LINE UP FOR NEXT YEAR

Maybe the KW will follow! And on the other end of the scale spectrum, they're also reissuing the 1/32 Peterbilt 359.

I wonder what Tim Ahlborn will be able to do with a 1/16 Peterbilt 359?

Edited by Jim B

Would be nice if these kits had the detail 1/16 th scale would allow.

But they don't... One thing's for sure though, if somebody get's to it, it is possible to do something pretty awesome. Imagine the detail that CAN be added!

Good news for those of us who don't have any of the originals. I built this kit when it first came out 30 some years ago!

And good news in general, the manufacturers are sensitive to the market...

Edited by Z06Bob

Yes, it does appear that the manufacturers are listening. And that's a good thing.

I would think that 1/16 would lend itself to detailing quite easily due to it's size. Now we'll have something to use Monkeyclaw's engines & hoods on!

I will pay attention to release dates for the 1/16 trucks...I have to make new molds for the Budd 2 hole conversion over the winter anyway...and if I can get a couple other projects out of the way; I may do a couple more engine choices (60 series) 1st.......Wasn't much interest in the Yellow inline 6...but I will grab a stack of the re-pop kits for sure....just to have 'em............Matt

Right there with ya Tim. 1/16 is just too big for the shelving to start a collection at this point in time. If there was more to build up a collection with, maybe........but too limited at this juncture of my life.

Everyone has different scales that fit in there homes and collections. When you get into 1/16, it isn't about having access to accessories and other parts and trailers. It is about building from scratch what you need. This is a great size to build functioning door locks, piano hinged doors, stretching the sleepers and fully customizing the interiors with Amps and such for "Show and Shine" type trucks.

Even another person posted about the lack of detail, I have to agree but this is where you get creative. My plans are to build out my 1/16 truck with Scale Hubs and mounting up the wheels exactly like a scale Rig. It is just about the builder and how far you are wanting to take your skills, to take these trucks to the next level.

I have to say that I have seen a lot of amazing builds in 1/25 and 1/24 scale! It just amazes me that so many of the builders really get into Rigs.

Probably not much. 1/16th is too big for me - no place to display them.

Tim

Exactly Tim! I have the Pete (no trailer) and I used an old aquarium for a case which has been broken twice and never really out on display but stored away! Not really enough room for something that size!

i guess you right for space i got 3 of them only 1 build 25 years ago other stil in boxes you can put 2 1:24 or 1:25 in his place

and i stil buying 1:24 and 1:25 whit resin stuf need more room for this

i was also offered for buildig 1:12 but have say no thank you

jacobus

It's good the manufacturers are paying attention but those kits are to big for most and poorly detailed for the money.Amt's 1/43rd scale t'n't kits are better detailed and much older. Yes there are lots of possibilties for super detail work but that's a small portion of modelers. As I recall these kits didn't sell well because of there size and lack of detail even back then. The model companies would do better putting their resources in something more practical and sellable like the Lonestar.

Amazing amount of complaining about these!? If you don't want one or can't display it, or just don't like it, well don't buy one! As for the model companies paying attention, they are, these bring a small fortune on ebay, and they (model manufacturers) have a fairly small risk compared to tooling up for a completely new truck.

I don't really have room for it, but I would get one just to see what it is like...back in the day when they were origially issued...I didn''t have the money, but now, i would try one, just for the experience as well as to let the mfg's know....we're interested and we have the $$ now :)