Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Releases from Revell

I think they are lying . a 50 olds and 57 ford i will believe it when i see it. I wonder how the corvette grand sport will compare to the accurate miniatures version. I missed the ed roth 56 ford the first time around so that will be nice . and the chevy pick up with a snow plow will also be cool. I wonder if the 62 vette is diecast based or if it will be based on the 58 corvette tooling. lots of stuff to think about.

OH my, the 77 VAN WILL BE RELASED AGAIN! I can't wait. The Olds and 57 Ford look fantastic.

Yes sir, it's going to be another fun season!

Can't wait. I hope they publish the release dates on each one soon, so we can spend every month salivatin' and waitin'!

I wonder if the 62 vette is diecast based or if it will be based on the 58 corvette tooling. lots of stuff to think about.

I'm thinking it's got to be plastic because I believe all of Revell's diecast kit numbers start with the number 80 and the plastic one start with 85. And the 62 starts with an 85.

Just a guess on my part....

This has a little of everything, old and new.

Being a Corvette buff I suspect that the '62 is the long promised plastic version of the diecast kit. That's not a bad thing since the diecast looked right. Until now the only '62 Vette has been the old and horrible AMT promo/kit or the expensive resin one. I'll be signing up for several. I wonder if the Grand Sport is a reboxing of the Accurate Miniatures kit since it's listed as 1/24 which is what the AC kit was. I'm also pleased to see that Revell are doing the Revell AG Audi Spyder. Revell AG do some unique kits but seem to be hard to find.

2012 should be a good year for modellers.

rob

Some very cool stuff coming out. I'll be buying at least one or two of those '57 Fords and the 88s. Wonder if they did the 88 for people who want to do early NASCAR to have something for their Hornets to race against?

At least one 88 will be converted to a 76 if I can find a suitable base for the flathead six.

Charlie Larkin

The 50 Olds and 57 Ford are new-tool and they're for real. The 57 Ford is close to being ready from what I've been told, there's a slim chance it could make it out before the end of the year. I'm 99.9% sure the Grand Sport is AccMin's. I'm not sure what the 62 Vette will be based on, everybody's out at iHobby right now, so this is hot off the presses stuff... I've got a call in to our contingent a the show, hope to have more info soon.

Thanx Brett. I'll update the sheet as confirmations come in. Pretty exciting stuff I'd say! One thing I'm a bit cynical about is the Stacey David car. The 1/25 Revell Deuce Roadster has needed updating for a long time now, but I find it hard to imagine it will actually have narrow front tires and new wheels to more contemporary tastes, let alone a stock firewall and a BBC!

Edited by Bernard Kron

That van looks like the one that was last released with the open bed tandem axle racecar trailer. Might have to get one or two of those.

In the list above, it says the GMC pickup with the snow plow is a re-issue and I am not sure about that. I think the truck is but the snow plow is an all new addition to that kit, if I am not mistaken. That will be a welcomed addition as the last vehicle kitted with a snow plow was the Ford Louisville Dump Truck and before that were a couple of old MPC Jeep kits back in the early '70s.

Gonna be a busy year for buying and building in 2012.

Thanx Brett. I'll update the sheet as confirmations come in. Pretty exciting stuff I'd say! One thing I'm a bit cynical about is the Stacey David car. The 1/25 Revell Deuce Roadster has needed updating for a long time now, but I find it hard to imagine it will actually have narrow front tires and new wheels to more contemporary tastes, let alone a stock firewall and a BBC!

I'll agree with you on the tires, Revell doesn't seem to like to tool up new tires unless they have to but the 1:1 Rat Roaster has a small block chevy not a big block.