Model Cars Magazine Forum

IHOBBY show report out. Doing in pieces. Revell is first having the most to convey

This is for first half of 2012 only. 2nd half will be announced in April time frame. Remember, the plastic manufacturers do not announce (or I believe even attend anymore) the New York Toy show.

The full detail 2010 Camaro SS should be out in January.

As a level setter to the overall market, Revell did say their biggest selling kits are Snaptite and wear the bow tie emblem.

Also, Revell did indicate that 2012 2nd half will have some interesting announcements. Stay tuned for more on that.

Now here’s the detail and a picture album link.

Revell

Tony Nancy 22JR Dragster Set - 1/25 - Reissue

X-34 Landspeeder™ - ?? – No scale, but based on figures, looks to be around 1/25-24 scale

Ferrari Enzo (Snaptite®) - 1/24 - Supposedly new tool. Likely based on previous Enzo kit, but by the time you simplify, new tooling is likely cheaper.

Peterbilt 359 (Snaptite®) - 1/32 - Reissue

‘50 Olds™ Coupe 2 n 1 - 1/25 - New tool. Multiple options. Revell just received test shots so mounted on a display board. Expect late 2Q2012.

‘62 Corvette® Roadster 2 n 1 - 1/25 - New tool. Multiple options. Appears to be new body on top of Pro Modeler C1 Corvette chassis and engine. Revell just received test shots so mounted on a display board. Expect late 2Q2012.

‘57 Ford Custom 3 n 1 - 1/25 - New tool. Multiple options. Revell just received test shots so mounted on a display board. Expect late 2Q2012.

‘56 Ford F-100 Pickup - 1/25 - Reissue

‘67 Chevelle™ Pro Street - 1/25 - Reissue. Air cleaners may have been modified, but will need to dig out the Revell kit in the basement to confirm. I may be thinking of the AMT tool

‘65 Chevy® Impala™ Convertible - 1/25 - Reissue

Audi R8 Spyder - 1/24 - Repackage of recently released Revell of Germany new tool. This kit does have an engine based on RoG photos

Lamborghini Countach - 1/24 - Reissue

K.S. Pittman Willys Drag Coupe - 1/25 – Modified reissue of Revell’s very nice Willys. The wheels on the box art look different but I was unable to get a confirmation

Cadillac® Custom Lowrider - 1/25 - Reissue

Corvette® Grand Sport - 1/24 – Reissue of last run of Accurate Miniatures’ Grand Sport. No plans to produce any new kits at this point, just sell off remainder of last run.

Stacey David’s Rat Roaster - 1/25 – New tool based on Revell’s very nice 32 Ford. Too many mods needed to do a modified reissue. In my opinion, this may spread into early 3Q2012 given there are no test shots as yet

‘77 Chevy® Van - 1/24 - Reissue

GMC® Pick up w/snow plow - 1/24 – Reissue, but with snow plow blade added.

Monogram

‘70 Plymouth Road Runner - 1/24 - Reissue

Peterbilt 359 - 1/16 - Reissue

‘31 Ford Model A Rat Rod - 1/25 – Reissue

‘29 Ford Rat Rod - 1/25 - Reissue but looks like new decals. Will need to confirm by checking original in my stash

Bad Medicine - 1/24 - Reissue

‘40 Ford Coupe Street Rod - 1/25 - Reissue

Revell of Germany

London Bus – 1/24 – Just being released by RoG. It is full detail, including an engine

No other RoG new announcements were available.

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

Thanks,

Gerry

This way to the photo album:

This way to Revell Annoucements:

Put me down for a couple of the 62'vettes the test shot looks really good,can't wait til the R8 spyder arrives as well, i saw on a German model forum where someone did a review/buildup of the R8 conv last month and it looked nice.

The RoG boxing of the R8 Spyder should be in the States in the next week or two, if you're one of the "gotta have it now" crowd...

So, with regard to the Grand Sport ... does that mean Revell hasn't procured the rights to the tooling, but has bought out and is repackaging AM's remaining stock?

I got that impression, but will ask about it. It may be that since the last run of these didn't sell well, there may be some reticence to go beyond this.

Thanks, Gerry. I think a couple reasons the last run sold poorly were price (in the $40 range, IIRC) and the fact AM's distribution has always been spotty at best. I hope Revell does well with them and that leads to more releases in the future.

One of the hobby shops near me still has AM kits on the shelf - 29 bucks - so not sure a Revell reissue is needed. I do like the kit though.

50 olds? Where'd that come from? That will be nice addition. The 57 looks promising as well.

i hope that the Willys has a new set of wheels. as nice as the previous issue's slotted mags are, i'm so tired of seeing them on every build it's not funny

You and me both. The rears are OK, but those fronts are way too deep and wide. Here's what Gasser front wheels and tires should look like...

DSCN1583-vi.jpg

I've got some Modelhaus 5-spokes and skinny tires to use on a current Willys project, but some shallow slotted mags would be nice, too...

Gerry, thank you so for posting the pics and info. Lots of great stuff there. A few observations/comments:

Did anyone else notice the Willys gasser has a set of painted side view mirrors on the box art?:

DSC_0044.jpg

It appears whoever did the box art (or built the box art model) for the Chevy van has never seen how they mount:

DSC_0048.jpg

It looks like there's a nice set of large diameter Hurst-like mags included in the Vette kit:

DSC_0037_5.jpg

Major kudos for stepping up and knocking another most wanted kit off the list in the '50 Olds. Should be a nice source for an early Olds OHV V-8, and the street rod/kustom fans will love this one.

Interesting to hear that Chevy Snap kits are Revell's biggest sellers, too.

The 1/16 big rig should make a lot of big scale modelers happy. No more paying $250+ for one on ebay.

Good to see the '70 Road Runner return as well.

Edited by Casey

the chevy van I can see is the same one that came out back in the 90's without the race trailer,so it willonly have the front bucket of the interior and really no option stuff unless you add it.

That wouldn't take much though, It's too bad that the F/S 2wd truck Rallys or mid to late 90's cop wheels aren't currently available in styrene, those would look way better than the passenger car Rallys do on that van.

Oh that Van, that van is going to drive me crazy. What a great canvas for some space and galaxy murals. I gotta do a tribute to Frank Frazzetta.

Something like these Virgil?

43sciencefiction03m141-vi.jpg

desertoutpostdawidmichalczyk-vi.jpg

ceArtSciFispace793511819001200-vi.jpg

This is going to sound weird coming from me, especially considering I'm primarily a Mopar fan, but I've been looking forward to the Olds. for some time so that I will finally be able to build my City of Portland "City of Roses" Pan American racer.

Gerry, thank you so for posting the pics and info. Lots of great stuff there. A few observations/comments:

It appears whoever did the box art (or built the box art model) for the Chevy van has never seen how they mount:

DSC_0048.jpg

Yeah... the mirrors are up that high so the driver can see what's on the roof!

Signed; Debbie Downer

Whatcha think lads? Can the 50 Olds hood be modified to finally have a plausible hood for the AMT 51 Chevies?

What's wrong w/ the AMT '51 Chevy kit hood?

C'mon! Another Corvette roadster without the hardtop and/or convertible up-top?

The clear tree has what looks like the hardtop window piece...hmmm....maybe they are saving the hardtop and uptop for the 2nd issue?