Model Cars Magazine Forum

IHOBBY show report out. Doing in pieces. Revell is first having the most to convey

If the '57 Ford is successful, maybe it will spawn variations down the road..a Ranchero or 2dr Ranch Wagon would be neat.

Wasn't there talk here about Revell creating an all new tool of a '57 Ranchero? The Custom would at least share a few parts with it, so maybe in a few years it's a possibility.

I heard if this '57 Ford sells well, we'll prolly see a Ranchero tool, and a Fairlane Convertable (crossing fingers!)

To untie confusion here, the GMC wrecker that will be released next month is the old REVELL Caption Hook Snap-Tite kit from 1978 - last seen w/ generic decals in 1993.

This GMC pick-up w/ snow plow is the Monogram kit that was last seen as a Chevy stepside (which is the same kit, but different badging and etc.) in 1995, but with the GMC parts restored and new? snow plow parts added (rumored to be from the rare 1980 Ford F-250 Monogram made)

The '77 Chevy Van thats getting rereleased was NOT the one the combo pack from the 90s that had a racing boat and trailer, but was the Revell Charlies Angels kit with the stock van body restored (horribly). The Monogram kit hasn't been seen for many years since 1983.

Edited by V-spec

Different version - AMT's is a top-of the-line Fairlane, Revell's will be a base-model Custom.

Ok, I thought it looked about the same. If it is a base model I wonder what the chances are we will finally get a Ford I-6. I'd buy it just for the engine if they did.

If the '57 Ford is successful, maybe it will spawn variations down the road..a Ranchero or 2dr Ranch Wagon would be neat.

I'll buy a bunch of each!

I heard if this '57 Ford sells well, we'll prolly see a Ranchero tool, and a Fairlane Convertable (crossing fingers!)

Let's hope they remember to stretch that Fairlane to the 118-inch wheelbase instead of the Custom/Ranchero/wagon 116-inch wheelbase.

Charlie Larkin

The '77 Chevy Van thats getting rereleased was NOT the one the combo pack from the 90s that had a racing boat and trailer, but was the Revell Charlies Angels kit with the stock van body restored (horribly). The Monogram kit hasn't been seen for many years since 1983.

I think this is the van that was part of the Race Team combo issued back in the mid-90's- it had Chevy Ralley wheels and no windows except for the front doors. Looking forward to having this one back and that GMC truck is getting me thinking about how many I can buy and hide from the wife!

• 4 weeks later...

Is that good, or bad news?