Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stacey David's Rat Roaster by : REVELL

Greg Myers

Okay , you don't like it. I get that. But look at all those cool parts, and here's a bonus, if you do like it:
http://staceydavid.c...cts/rat-roaster all of your build questions answered (what color do I paint this or that?) and detail?

What I'm wondering, is how far Revell is going to go with this? Will they faithfully copy all the parts? Or will this just be an extension of their (already great) bunch of '32 kits)

RatRoaster15.jpg

Can you just imagine all of those gorgeous parts rendered in Revell quality we've come to know?

Edited by Greg Myers

...What I'm wondering, is how far Revell is going to go with this? Will they faithfully copy all the parts? Or will this just be an extension of their (already great) bunch of '32 kits)

Can you just imagine all of those gorgeous parts rendered in Revell quality we've come to know?

Whether or not you agree with the overall look and details of the car it is an awesome collection of parts. Backwards compatibility with the existing '32's doesn't look like too much of an issue with the exception of the rear panel below the rumble seat. On the 1:1 it has a molded inset license plate mount that extends bel;ow the panel line...

I grabbed a bunch of shots from the site which summarizes many of the keynote details of the Rat Roaster. Have a look:

RatRoaster11.jpg

rat-roaster-hairpins.jpg

rat-roaster-rear-bars.jpg

rat-roaster-rear-end.jpg

rat-roaster-front-fenders.jpg

rat-roaster-hood-area.jpg

rat-roaster-license-panel.jpg

rat-roaster-seat.jpg

rat-roaster-interior-2.jpg

rat-roaster-interior-1.jpg

rat-roaster-rumble-seat.jpg

On other forums it was said this was an 'all-new' kit.

The 1:1 must have had two different engine builds..some of the pics I've seen show a hood w/ portholes down the middle.

The air cleaners and stacks are removable and the car can be run with or without the hood and hood sides.

Apparently there are enough exterior and interior changes that Revell is treating this as a "new tool".

" Okay, YOU don't like it. I get that" I like it, I like It. I've just seen a bunch of people jumping in (on other boards) saying they don't like it. And I guess really, I don't get it. You don't like roadsters ? switch to any other of those fine bodys Revell offer us. WOW! Switchers all over again.

I have little interest in a RR model, but I can see a ton of potential in the seats, wheels and tires, Moon style fuel tank, and motorcycle fenders alone.

I only hope there is a figure of Mr. David included, accurate right down to the Middle Ages helmet hair. :D

Kudos to Revell for producing a specific hot rod, and not another generic rod and/or custom. I think this kit will be a great seller for Revell, and hopefully helps them continue to build upon the success of their annual(?) model contest, too.

:lol: Not quite a "mullet" huh?

I'd be happy if the wheels and "Moon" tank were faithful replicas...

Naw, the party's overflowing towards the front, too. :D All kidding aside, I find Mr. David to be one of the most likable TV personalities of all the "car shows", regardless of his hairstyle.

For me I hope they don't just throw some junk wheels and tires in there and call it good ...we've had enough of them that didn't follow the box art. ;)

I hear you Walt. Why is it so hard for Revell to tool up new tires? It can't be more costly than creating new body molds can it?

Tires and wheels are one of the most important elements of any hotrod or performance car.

gus

I for one will buy a couple. While not a Chevy in a Ford guy I have friends that will be happy to relieve me of the engines :P

I think that it is great that Revell is putting out this kit. As it is the least they can do, as the man helped out with a nationwide contest and put its results on his TV show for the world to see, so in all honesty lets buy these kits and maybe worldwide recognition of our hobby will grow to a new audience!