Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stacey David's Rat Roaster by : REVELL

Greg Myers

Whenever it comes out, I'm definitly getting a few of them. One to build up like the 1:1, and at least one more to build it in the color i suggested when they had the informal poll on the site. I even already have the paint to do that one. Might also swap the engine to the one I suggested during that informal poll, which was mentioned on the show when he did the unvail of the actual engine. I was the one nutcase that suggested a Pontiac engine :wacko::D

I think it's quite clear that Revell has been listening. I for one came mighty close to becoming totally obnoxious about the "fat front tire" syndrome on the Deuces up to this point. Not that my voice counts for a lot, but I was far from the only one on the message boards expressing concern. Obviously Stacey David's voice is by far the loudest of all; after all it is his "intellectual property", regardless of what one may think of its overall appearance. It's unimportant to me whether the kit is a "new-tool" as, apparently, Revell themselves are saying, or whether it borrows extensively from the rest of the Deuce series. Despite the "new tool" claim, there is considerable evidence for the latter, i.e. the front suspension, the hairpins, the tailights, the absence of hinges on the bodywork, perhaps the rear suspension as well, although difficult to make out in the pictures up to now. But either as a complete replica of the Rat Roaster, or as a parts source that runs very deep and wide indeed, the kit is a huge success IMHO. In fact the whole 1st half 2013 offering is creating a great deal of positive buzz for Revell - good on them I say.

Hard to tell by the photos but a number of people are saying the front axle is tubular just like all the other Revell Deuces. I hope that is not the case as it should be a beam axle like that used on the Stacey David Rat Roadster and virtually every other recently built Deuce.

Incredible!!! No wide front tires on the Deuce!!! In fact it looks like the wheels and tires from the Orange Crate re-issue. Look's like the standard Deuce front axle and disc brakes, though. I wonder if it has air bags? Still, no wide front tires, a SBC, trim on the grill shell, body color headlight buckets, and is that a chopped windshield (??). Overall, this may be a well balanced refresh of the venerable 90's street rod roadster.

923.jpg

It's hard to see, but it does look like it might just have the beam axle.

I agree with William about those 6 hood thing a ma bobs. I do like the car but I think it would look much better in a different color.

If they followed how the car is setup, there should be a set of hoodsides, a regular louvered top peice, plus a pair of veleocity stacks with air filters, as Stacey has the actual car set up to be able to run all 3 ways.

As far as the color goes, I told him to paint it RED! B)

count me as one against those do dads on the hood, thats exactly what i thought when i saw them: those stick on things that look like buick portholes or something. other than that i like the car itself and the parts look great so this is one i am looking forward to.