Show us your pick-up truck models!

Pick-up truck want list  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What brand pick-up do you want produced

2. 2. What style truck bed

3. 3. Cab type

4. 4. 4x4 or 2x4

5. 5. Engine type

The diecast people largely overlook modern pickups as well(though they are a bit better than plastic kits, selection wise), but I've spent quite a bit of money I could have spent on a theoretical modern pickup kit or two on some high end diecast-

IMG_38171-vi.jpg

I know this is a VERY old post but hopefully this member is still active.  What was the basis for this model?  I have a real 47 Ford 1 ton I would like to replicate but need a suitable base to start with.  If anybody knows please respond.

Pretty sure that is one of the "MINT's" pieces

If Danbury, ONLY way to get one is Second Hand, ie That Evil Auctionbay site

Or maybe find one of Craig's List in your area, or at a larger Model event

Not too sure Franklin still has any Diecast available either though

I know this is a VERY old post but hopefully this member is still active.  What was the basis for this model?  I have a real 47 Ford 1 ton I would like to replicate but need a suitable base to start with.  If anybody knows please respond.

Yep- Danbury Mint. I also own a 1:1 '47 (mine's a 1-1/2 ton though), so I'm also looking for another one to put under the knife. :)

ive been wanting to build a mid 70's chevy crew cab,long bed dually 4x4 and i know someone on evilbay was selling a resin kit but it didn't have axles wheels or engine and trans.and i just wanted to know if anyone new where to get the resin kit and parts

Repstock, your builds are incredible, practically undetectable from 1:1. The '76 Ford and the '73 Chevy really catch the 70's era paint themes, brings back  fond memories of the way you used to see them. The 80's trucks are excellent too.

Edited by leafsprings

The cab is AMT '41 Willys on a '41 Chevy Pickup frame.  The wheels/tires came from the AMT '28 Lincoln, the flathead engine is partsbox, and the pickup bed is scratchbuilt.

Rat Rod 033.jpg

Rat Rod 031.jpg

Rat Rod 024.jpg

Edited by TarheelRick

Lots of nice looking pickups here :)

Repstock,I love your 73-74 GMC pickup. What did you use to replicate the aluminum side trim? Off the shelf styrene or did you fab it up?

Side trim is made from evergreen strip styrene. I can't remember the exact sizes. There was an inner and outer strip with space in between so I could paint the fine black line between the strips.