Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your Engines - Post Dedicated to the Engine

TheCat

here's few of mine. keep in mind none of the engines came in a kit and are almost entirely scratch built.

Donovan 417

DONOVAN 417

737 BBC w/ splits and nitrous

image.png.45bbe1518920960bdea89289e9a27a9b.png

screw blown BAE for a T/AD

004 - Copy (37).JPG

BBC new century block/ sonny's hemi heads/ 2 dominators. WIP

DSCN8080.JPG

image.png

image.png

Edited by comp1839

I saw that before, but it was in a late 60s Camaro. Never understood the purpose

A member of the model club had a'70's Challenger and talked continually about putting a HEMI in it.

One would think ,ok, a 426 as that was what you could get in them. No He payed big money to have some one put an early 392 in it.

When he showed it to us we were quite surprised to say the least. Well, he had his HEMI.

This was just my smart /// answer at one of the club meetings. No one got it. :huh:

Here are some pics of the Hemi for my build of the Al Bergler "Aggravation" A Competition (A/C) coupe from the new Monogram Slingster dragster kit. I may offer the Coors cans or just the decals through Scale Auto Details

http://public.fotki.com/doctordarryl/scaleautodetails

I used the kit engine which I intially thought I would replace. Once I assembled the block and eads, I decided to keep it. I added a resin Hilborn fuel pump (may offer it through Scale Auto Details), scratch built magneto, Arrowhead (no longer in production) turned aluminum blower pulleys and cogged blower belt, added Detail Master breathers to the kit valve covers, scratch built an oil filter housing, modified the headers so I could place Coors beer cans over the ends of the zoomie headers, the shop rag stuffed into the injector scoop was made from a piece of cotton tee shirt painted with Tamiya Flat Red acrylic, freeze plugs made from gold Mylar film, water necks for the heads made from stretched sprue, steel plugs for the water jacket openings in the rear of the heads, injector linkage made from printer's aluminum sheet, wire, and brackest from Model Car Garage. This was a fun kit. You can see the build in the Drag Race models forum (search for dostordarryl or Aggravation) and the finished model in right here in Under Glass.

Enjoy

post-7848-0-95338600-1393173219_thumb.jp

post-7848-0-32072800-1393173226_thumb.jp

post-7848-0-13026400-1393173233_thumb.jp

post-7848-0-09039600-1393173240_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2014 at 11:30 PM, Psychographic said:

It's not quite done yet, but anyone up for a blown Corvair?

P3120314Medium_zpsb5c62670.jpg

P3120315Medium_zps82e1a655.jpg

P3120317Medium_zps22977f6b.jpg

That's really wild Dave !

I don't think it can beat a blown Corvair but I've got a little VW that's very loud ! :D

Edited by TooOld
Moved To Fotki

• 1 month later...