Model Cars Magazine Forum

will explain why most of my trucks are BLUE

First of all,im new here well new since starting of month or so.Ive been a peeker on this site for awhile,i most say you guys do amazing work that is also insperational,..

my 1/24 scale trucks are all blue why u ask cuz i can (jokes) really because i have an obsession with trucks and trucks that are in fleets painted same colors,it all started when i was 8ish,my dad was driving for a fairly big fleet (gravel trucks) they were two tone,cream n brown with white tops.i remember goin with him early in the morning for summers on end,seeing them all the same colors i thought was neat and i became fascinated!...

so one day my uncle give me a cabover kenworth areodyne,the boss tyrone malones hideout truck,of course i ripped of the bed and added a fifth wheel, had a few amt end dumps and had one hooked to the kenworth,i had that truck painted baby blue with a black stripe called er stoney....to make a long story short by the time i was 12 i had most if not all amt/ertl trucks also some revell all painted that blue n black...

by very early teens i had baught the italeri kits by the time i was 27 i had 14 trucks all painted one color solid blue.some trailer kits i enjoy scratch building end dumps cobra or custom and star gate quads and tri's ...

so .... farway model truck fleet was born on sept 15th 1999 with a peterbilt 377

most trucks are modified whether its a cut down bunk or spread axels,or shortend frames,or cabs converted to daycabs.

i highly love trucks and truckin!

my newest style i enjoy is tri axel dump trucks....with pup scratch building that part asap.

lonestar kit will be made to pull a quad axel end dump(will be leaving roof dam off and maybe a shorter frame

looking to get a pete 367 with flat top 48''bunk (porky will be ordering soon if u still have em in stock)

as u can probably figure out this model fleet is mostly all gravel (end dumps tris n quads b train dumps tri axel dump trucks with pups also floats n flatbeds .

lookin to build a fair size diorama u guessed it of a 3 bay garage,,,on a platform 4 feet wide by 8 feet long....gotta display em style right?

garage should have working lights.........###### didnt realise i was writin a ###### novel !!!! will stop writing will post pics of the fleet asap and progress of the fleet "'yard'' and garage

feel free to pick my brain n ask questions been round trucks all my life

as for now keep model truckin!! i know i will!

if u read this far i thank you ! have a good one ------steve farway model truck fleet -----