Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best opening scene from a movie ever!

I can't remember what the movie is called, but the entire opening scene, i.e. when the opening credits are scrolling, is filmed under water. There are dozens of dead bodies with their feet cast in concrete blocks, in every stage of decompostion imaginable.

If anybody out there knows the film, I'd love to know it's title.

dead guys ?

My personal favorite opening is from the movie "The California Kid" with the Pete, from Pete and Jakes, "California Kid" '34 Ford full fendered chopped coupe coming over the small hill into camera range. That was cool. Liked all of the "Mad Max" movies too. I think the movie "Vanishing Point" had a neat intro. Good topic.

If you are not talking cars in the intro or movie then the best intro to me has to be the opening to that first Star Wars movie with the space ships flying over the heads of the people in the audience. The kids in front of me at the theatre actually ducked down in their seats.

For me it has to be a toss-up between "LeMans", with Steve McQueen running his 911 coupe through the course pre-race, and when Elwood arrives at Joliet in the "Bluesmobile" Monaco to retrieve Jake in "The Blues Brothers"......

Edited by lizardlust

...even though it's not car related, Spaceballs. The opening scene with the space ship that never ends and the music that struggles to keep going is hilarious.

Yeah that was really funny! That's one of those movies you could watch a million times and it still makes ya laugh IMHO... Rick Moranis was GREAT! My wife and I watched it countless times when we first started dating.

Does anyone remember a movie, "Speed Zone" (pretty sure that's what it was)? At the beginning, there's a scene where a kid's grandfather is teaching him to skip rocks on a pond, and suddenly, a Lamborghini(?) comes flying through and skips across the water a few times and keeps going. The kid says "Like that, Grandpa?"... Kinda funny but definitely a bit silly.