Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are the worst kits you've ever built?

Let's remember... if anyone feels that they have to take personal jabs, please keep it confined to PMs. If people want to act like 8 year olds, that's fine by me... as long as they do it in private and not here. Can we keep the comments here related to the topic and not get into personal opinions of each other? Pleeeeez???

I don't want to lock this, so let's not give me any reason to do so.

The contention that people shouldn't criticize (or complain about it, if you will) model kits because it might hurt the manufacturers' widdle feelings and somehow cause them to not make anymore model kits is misguided at best, massively stupid at worst.

That's the way it is on another modeling board...(they want it to be a happy sunny 1950s world there) .but I would think legitimate criticism should be allowed/encouraged here....

Honest opinions are welcome here. Exchanging opinions and debating topics is the whole point of a forum. As long as people stick to the topic and stay away from attacking each other, then everything is fine.

And if you're one of those people who are "offended" by open debate or exchanges of ideas or hearing opinions that don't exactly coincide with your own... maybe you should think about why that is... because I really can't see a reason to feel that way.

Oh, and for the record... I don't see why talking about the worst models we've ever built is necessarily "whining." Exchanging opinions is one of the things a forum is for. Or am I missing something? :blink:

I'm sure everyone sees what you are missing or rather which side or who's side your leaning on!

If you really want to moderate, remove them all not just one sides! I'm sure you understand that Harry!

Honest opinions are welcome here. Exchanging opinions and debating topics is the whole point of a forum. As long as people stick to the topic and stay away from attacking each other, then everything is fine.

And if you're one of those people who are "offended" by open debate or exchanges of ideas or hearing opinions that don't exactly coincide with your own... maybe you should think about why that is... because I really can't see a reason to feel that way.

Hats off to Mr P. B)

Seems to me that talking trash here about, uh... "him" and his forum doesn't really accomplish anything positive. I mean, what's the point, really? Obviously the people who are active there must like it there... so let 'em have their fun. It doesn't really apply to what we are here or what we do here, does it?

Talking trash here about another forum doesn't exactly elevate our forum. Just sayin'...

But the AMT 63/64 Impalas are still utter rubbish!

Then there is this AMT I think '73(?) Mustang. It has been around since what feels like the bronze age, gets reissued every two years and is still neither nicer, nor correcter, than it was in the first place. What an epic waste of styrene that thing is is beyond anybody's belief. Please, please stop reissuing that kit!

Edited by Junkman

But the AMT 63/64 Impalas are still utter rubbish!

Then there is this AMT I think '73(?) Mustang. It has been around since what feels like the bronze age, gets reissued every two years and is still neither nicer, nor correcter, than it was in the first place. What an epic waste of styrene that thing is is beyond anybody's belief. Please, please stop reissuing that kit!

To your larger point, though, a newly tooled kit of a Mustang from that generation would be MOST welcome!

Christian- yeah, it is pretty junky, but the '71 is pretty good for a kit of its era. And if you choose, some of the unused parts on the '71 can be used to fill out the '73 to make it almost presentable.

Ken- I'd be up for a new tool '71-'73 Mustang kit as well. Not gonna hold my breath, just sayin'! B)

:lol:

Those iffy Japanese-to-English translations are always great, but that one is the best yet!

I'd like to find the original text...I can't remember it exactly. I do have one the Arii Challengers, but it's a more recent issue w/ out that description on the box.