Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aussie '78 Ford Falcon XC Cobra Coupe

Hi, I'm from the Chicago area. I'm a Fordaholic. I drive nothing but Fords since I learned how to drive at 16, I'm 55 now. I collect all different kinds of Ford unique memorabilia and Ford scale model cars and trucks. I have a large collection of 1/25th scale plastic Ford car and truck promotional models and kits, some resin models too. Most are from the 1960's and 70's. Some are even one-off's. Right now I'm on a quest. I'm trying to find a few Aussie Ford 1/25th scale resin model car kits. These have been out of production for a few years now but they do pop up here and there, now and then so I'm asking anywhere and everywhere on websites, proboards and forums in the U.S.A., Europe and Down Under. Does anyone have or know where I can get any of the following kits? I've contacted scale automobilia (they originally sold these) in Australia and they don't have any or even know where any are. Here's a pic of one of them. thanx. I'm not a miliionaire or even rich but I would like to find these without going broke. Please Email me if you can help as I don't monitor this site on a daily basis. Thnx. Kenny. fordaholic69@yahoo.com

Cavalier ADR-2505 1/25th scale '73 Ford Falcon XB Hardtop resin curbside kit

Cavalier CV-2408 1/25th scale '78 Ford Falcon Cobra Coupe resin curbside kit

Cavalier ???? 1/25th scale V-8 Interceptor "Mad Max Movie Car"

CJ Resins CJRCB-11 1/25th scale '71 Ford Falcon XYGT

Jaymar '71 Falcon XYGT 1/25th scale resin kit

post-5092-0-73853300-1320351954_thumb.jp

post-5092-0-58367500-1320352313_thumb.jp

Hi kenny, thepartsbox.com have a very nice XYGT kit

1417.jpg

If you are going to build the kits you have on your list I would stay

away from the Jaymar kits, they are cast from fibre glass resin and a very brittle.

Hey Frank.... That's a 68 XT GT Falcon... (no hood scoop, round tail lights).......falcon-xt-gt.jpg

Love the Australian cars... I have a Mad Max interceptor planing on making it the first movie car. ;)

You should go the Chinese route & have a mould made of that one before you tackle it... I think they've stopped casting those over here & could become quite valuable in the future..

Love the Australian cars... I have a Mad Max interceptor planing on making it the first movie car. ;)

Here's the link to the Aussie cars page.....http://www.scaleautomobilia.com.au/resin.htm You'll notice all the good ones are listed as 'UNAVAILABLE'.... including the V8 Interceptor, Torana A9X, Torana GTR XU1, so any of these kits are set to become expensive in the future (IF they're not already)..... Definite re-mould candidates IMO, so I'd think long & hard about it before I started that one Mark......100-0099_img.jpg100-0100_img.jpg101-0101_img.jpg

The one I have was on the shelves a few years ago as the road warrior car with the two fuel tanks in the back hatch area....I always thought the first movie car was the best. I have two--1 unbuilt and the other a build up to rebuild into the first movie car...the unbuilt one will sit on the shelf for awhile longer.

The one I have was on the shelves a few years ago as the road warrior car with the two fuel tanks in the back hatch area....I always thought the first movie car was the best. I have two--1 unbuilt and the other a build up to rebuild into the first movie car...the unbuilt one will sit on the shelf for awhile longer.

I understand now Mark... There's always a number of these available on ebay. I thought you meant the original Cavalier resin kit.... Co-incidently, there's an original Cavalier on ebay @ the moment if anyone has a spare $300+ laying around.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-MODEL-KIT-MAD-MAX-1-2-3-FORD-FALCON-ROAD-WARRIOR-XB-XA-XC-2-DOOR-COUPE-gt-/280750521784?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Kits&hash=item415e08fdb8

A word of warning is that if you have one of these cavalier kits check the tyres . They are all turning to water ,some are just like chewing gum and some like mine have gone runny and gone through the kit . Do it NOW so you maybe able to save a big clean up later .

Hi kenny, thepartsbox.com have a very nice XYGT kit

1417.jpg

If you are going to build the kits you have on your list I would stay

away from the Jaymar kits, they are cast from fibre glass resin and a very brittle.

With a little jiggery-poke, as my paternal grandmother used to say, it looks like an American Falcon could very easily be converted from that.

They appear to essentially be the same car. Is that the case?

Charlie Larkin

With a little jiggery-poke, as my paternal grandmother used to say, it looks like an American Falcon could very easily be converted from that.

They appear to essentially be the same car. Is that the case?

Charlie Larkin

You're dead right there Charlie... Ford US was calling the design shots for Ford Australia @ that time (come to think of it, Detroit GM was also into Holdens ear as well)... One thing we never got over here though was the 2 door version of this car.... 4 doors only

Yes there was someone was making...I never could find any myself so Ill have to do it all on my own...hopefully. I like any Falcons US or Aussie ones shame they aren't easy to get and in plastic so there more affordable for us low income guys. I have around 7 of the US ones from my dads old collection I am trying to restore but the parts are very hard to find for them 1960 to 69 year body styles. Be nice to be able to build a diorama from the first Mad Max movie with the cars...one appears to be based on a mid 60s Mustang? But how could anyone not love the Black interceptor....Id drive it!

I have the ADR Mad max falcon (which will never get built) & 2 Aoshima Mad Max Falcons (started). The Aoshima falcon is the much better buy & cheaper to (around $60 U.S.). There were 2 versions of the Aoshima Falcon (3 if you count the version with the dog & metal scoop), each one has a different interior (1 almost full standard XB GT interior, the other MM2 interior). Someone from the resin community had done up the parts to back date the car to MM1 configuration :- front & rear spoliers, bootlid, rear parcel shelf & bottom part of the rear seat, i have the set but have no idea on who cast it & the woman i bought it off on ebay hasn,t been selling anything for months now. So if you really want a Interceptor go with the Aoshima kit.

Yes there was someone was making...I never could find any myself so Ill have to do it all on my own...hopefully. I like any Falcons US or Aussie ones shame they aren't easy to get and in plastic so there more affordable for us low income guys. I have around 7 of the US ones from my dads old collection I am trying to restore but the parts are very hard to find for them 1960 to 69 year body styles. Be nice to be able to build a diorama from the first Mad Max movie with the cars...one appears to be based on a mid 60s Mustang? But how could anyone not love the Black interceptor....Id drive it!

There are resin alternatives to trying to find anchient parts for Falcons ; '60 - '69 . At least '60 - '65 . There is a '68 falcon out there . I don't recall who . If anyone knows , please let me know . Tthanx ..

• 3 months later...

unfortunately the only market i've seen lately is ebay.

if you are wondering who ADR cavalier is, this is their website http://www.cavalierm.../ResinKits.html

Chuck, that XT is available from thepartsbox, but you'll have to wait, they are still moving their factory (website closed until finished moving). www.partsbox.com.au

Edited by kruleworld

• 9 years later...