Model Cars Magazine Forum

R/M 69 Camaro Z28

bandit1

i am in the middle of working on (after who knows how long of sitting in my closet) :lol: the revell 69 z28 camaro kit and i have the body in first coat of primer and will get updates soon as i get the body work wrapped up but here is the album to where i am at so far!

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x124/brady_381/69%20camaro%20rs%20ht/

again ill get updates soon in the next day or two!

LOL! I have one from at least 14 years ago that needs to be done- funny thing is that about 60 minutes at the bench and it would be finished! Oh well, maybe tomorrow, maybe not!

I have done about 3 or 4 of the Revell snap 69 Camaros but can't get that one glue kit finished and am glad I am not alone in my inability to complete it.

I have 27, 69 Camaros to build, from various manufacturers.

i have the r/m z28 kit i also have the older issue r/m z28 kit and i have i think 2 of the yenko kits and i have an amt ss kit and i have one of the revells 1/12 scale z28 kits now , geez i think thats it! :wacko:

geez! i cant believe it! :lol:

i actually got the engine compartment done minus fluid bottle that mounts next to the radiatior! (im going to detail before i install it!)

question ... what would you guys do about detailing the steering wheel without stripping the chrome!? i was going to paint the wheel part "WOOD" and wash it then install but painting on top of chrome??? :huh: need help on the subject matter at hand! once that is done then ill upload a pic or two! :P

• 4 weeks later...

interior is done. (the instructions said to paint the steering wheel wood but in the ref pics i saw it was black and my wood paint dried on me!... so guess what color i painted it!)

DSCI0589.jpg

engine is done (i was going to detail it better after i got it together but.....im happy) :rolleyes:

DSCI0590.jpg

the under chassie shot

DSCI0591.jpg

comments and criticism welcomed! B)