Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reissued kits

OK, right now we have threads going for the "best" and "worst" kits ever made. Lets start another list of the kits the most need to be reissued. For starters, lets leave out anythig by Jo Han, sure there are a lot of their kits we would all like to see again but for many the tooling is missing, damaged, or just doesn't exist anymore. I'm thinking more about Revell, AMT, MPC and Monogram kits that tooling is just sitting around doing nothing and could be put back in service if it were located and cleaned up. Round 2 is doing a great job by restoring the tooling for the Gremlin and bringing back the mid 70's Ford and Chevy vans but what else is still out there bringing big dollars on ebay or at swap meets. Here is my short list to start things off.

Chevy Vega, like the Gremlin I would prefer to see it back dated to an earlier model year than the last issue but any year would do right now.

Ford Pinto, both coupe and wagon. These always go past what I'll pay on ebay and I haven't seen one at a swap meet around here in a long time. Again any year will do.

Sunbeam Tiger, the last time this was reissued was through the Blueprinter and I missed that one. Again, ebay prices me out when I see them and they are hard to locate at swap meets.

Mid 80's Monogram Pro Stock kits, Camaro, Firebird, and T-Bird. As many Pro Mods as I see being built it would be nice to have these back so that even more could be built.

I'm sure you guys will come up with many more than that.....

Revell EMPI Imp. It yields a spare Corvair engine to boot.

Revell 1962 Mopars.

Revell 1:16 hot rods. The tools might be with the AG, since there they were last issued.

AMT 'Craftsman' kits, all of them. So far, we only saw the Comet and Galaxie recently.

AMT 'Psychedelic' kits, all of them.

AMT 'Motor City Stockers'.

AMT U.N.C.L.E Piranha and Mademoiselle L'Agente Secrete car.

Pyro 1:16 Laramie Stage Ghost and the matching Ghost Rider Harley kit.

The four 1:16 Aoshima vintage motorcycle kits.

Airfix 1:24 JB007 Aston and Toyota 2000GT.

Airfix 1:24 Aston DB6.

Tamiya Jaguar MKII

Hasegawa Jaguar XJ-S

Monogram 1:8 Trans Am, and both Corvettes.

All Bandai 1:16 and 1:20 scale 'modern' car kits. I already enquired about these when I visited Bandai Co. in 2005. I saw the tools neatly labelled on a huge shelf in a warehouse. The management told me they had no plans in reissuing those, since they feel they don't meet today's quality standards. Since then they had a lot of input from Japanese collectors so they may ultimately change their minds. I mean, why would they have kept tons of steel for decades, if they never put it back into a moulding machine?

Edited by Junkman

I know it has been brought up before, but the MPC Dodge Pickups from the '70s would be nice. Actually, there were some nice subjects from the '70s from MPC that would be nice to see but I doubt the tools still exist or have been modified and cannot be fixed.

Iknow you said to leave out anything Johan, but the top of my list would be the Heavenly Hearse and 79 Cadillac Coupe De Ville.

MPC 70's Dodge pickups.

AMT Chevy Dooley (stock and street machine),

AMT Chevy C1500 ext. cab longbed.

AMT 454SS pickup

AMT C1500 stepside

Sorry, I'm a truck guy. lol

If they could reissue the snapfast trucks with full detail parts that would be AWESOME.

Any De Tomaso Pantera kit, I know Fujimi shows one at their booth at the Japan Hobby Show but who knows when.

AMT 65/66 fastback Mustang, maybe modify it to accept 67 underpinnings.

Revell 57 Ranchero stock roof ht.

AMT 67 and 68 Galaxies

AMT 61 Starliner

Of course any 60's Ford Pick Up

Edited by bigphoto

AMT 1923 Ford Model T C-cab Delivery Van

AMT1923 Ford Model T Depot Hack

AMT Ford pickup (70s & 80s), Model King re-issued the '78 camper special a few years ago, so the tooling should be in good shape. When these do turn up they are always asking high ($75+) prices.

AMT 1972 Chevrolet Blazer (also re-issued by MK, same comments as 1978 Ford truck).

1970s Ford Capri (I think both AMT and Revell did kits).

Any of the MPC 70's Pro Stock kits. Yeah, the chassis were not the best detailed items but the body styles were classics. The Landy Challenger especially as it's the only kit that comes with the Harwood scoop with the seperate chrome insert for the end of the scoop.

Any of the MPC late 60's, early 70's Mopar kits.

First, Junkman made some real good suggestions !!!!!!! :P

My suggestions would include starting with A M T :

59 Mercury Convertible or H T

58 Ford Galaxy

60 Chevrolet Brookwood wagon

60 El Camino

63 Bonniville

64 Buick

64 Gran Prix

66 Pontiac Bonnivile

Chris - Craft 3-in - one boat

61 Ford F-100

65 Chevrolet Apachie PU

59 Chevrolet Apachie Promo

60 Ford F-100

61 Corvair styline

60 Corvair 4 door promo

65 Valiant promo

61 Valiant H T styline

67 Ford

60 Lincon

65 Imperial

Revell- Monogram

Futuresta

62 Imperial

62 Valiant 4door

62 Dodge Dart

67 Mustang Grande

Maybe i'll think of some more later , my brain ain't workin now ................ :wub: Ed Shaver

First, Junkman made some real good suggestions !!!!!!! :P

My suggestions would include starting with A M T :

59 Mercury Convertible or H T

58 Ford Galaxy

60 Chevrolet Brookwood wagon

60 El Camino

63 Bonniville

64 Buick

64 Gran Prix

66 Pontiac Bonnivile

Chris - Craft 3-in - one boat

61 Ford F-100

65 Chevrolet Apachie PU

59 Chevrolet Apachie Promo

60 Ford F-100

61 Corvair styline

60 Corvair 4 door promo

65 Valiant promo

61 Valiant H T styline

67 Ford

60 Lincon

65 Imperial

Revell- Monogram

Futuresta

62 Imperial

62 Valiant 4door

62 Dodge Dart

67 Mustang Grande

Maybe i'll think of some more later , my brain ain't workin now ................ :wub: Ed Shaver

That is one cool list, Sir.

aurora drag parts packs ans scenes

If the JoHan kits are out, the Aurora Racing Scenes are DEFINITELY out. :(

I agree with Dave on the Monogram High Rollers, especially the Ramcharger, GMC, and Bronco...I can live without the Chevelle and Camaro. :D

I would LOVE for Revell to re-issue the Dr Seuss series of kits from the '50s, but I can't imagine the tooling still exists, not to mention the licensing issues to deal with if they do.

I think the old Monogram 1/32 scale drag cars would make good re-issues, too:

MonoFordScreamer.jpg

monoBossWillys.jpg

This one, too:

BlyQvRB2kKGrHqMH-DcEttnDBJuLBLdDr5r.jpg

Maybe the other Tom Daniel designed 1/32 scale Funny Cars which weren't included in the Luminators series, too:

shutoutpintofc.jpg

I to would love to see the pickups like Chevrolet,GMC,Ford and Dodge,all the 70's vans,the mongram prostock cars without the gold just chrome.I agree that I want to see the Mongram 1/8 scale trans am....both of them.the lists I've seen I agree with to.oh,the Galaxy trailers....all of them not just two.Thanks,Chris