Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Lonestar, have you ever seen one?

Got to see the Lonestar today (the model). One of the fellows at the club had built it and brought it in. I asked if he had ever seen one on the road. He said never. I look for this truck everytime I go out on the road, and have never seen one. Everyone that I talk to that knows about the truck has never seen one. What's up with that? I'm sure they exist. Are they rare birds? Have you seen one?

Ken

Ken, I've seen one up close. It was a fire dept pumper/tanker and I liked even more after seeing it in person. It was a sharp looking rig.

One rolled up behind me on the interstate a few weeks ago....looked like a giant 34 Ford street rod! Cool truck....but not as many as some others out there.

EXACTLY, THAT IS what it looks like! Haha! They're not all over the place near Montreal Qc but I see them once in a while.

• 3 weeks later...

When they first came out I didnt see much at all, now I see them more and more on road. a few small fuel fleets in my area have a few daycabs. Saw one wearing Western Distributing colors and all I could say was WOOOOOOW!!!!! I admit at first I thought it looked like an old steam loco chromed out on a truck frame, but eventually they grew on me. Peterbilt all the way but a Lonestar with the right color is gorgeous

• 2 years later...

Yeah I see them all the time up here in ND. But I94 is a major route to Eastern and Western Seaboard. Iagree with it looking ugly. They hit the Art Deco Grille Look but is out of place on a new rig and does not resemble the 38 IH they were trying to emulate.

I've seen a few in my travels driving truck. Never really looked at them though.

T.J., I always thought they looked like an old steam powered locomotive...

I've seen quite a few of them around my area, there is even a nice shiny new red day cab sitting at O.S. Hill International in Wheeling, WV that makes my drool every time I drive past it! There is also a company near the house that is ironically called Brownlee Trucking (no, I don't know if I'm a relation) and they run quite a few Lonestars, and most of the fleet is International. Smith Transport out of Rolling Springs, PA is also running some Lonestars in their fleet, even though with Smith's reputation of running some of the prettiest company rigs on the road, I'm surprised that their Lonestars are grass burners, and just do not look right without stacks. I'll see if I can get some pics here and there.