Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets do a 1964 1/2-1973 Mustang CBP to go with the others!

Olskoolrodder

And we're off and running. I decided to start with the 428 motor.

Here you can see the low rise intake with the distributor in place.

IMG_0600.jpg

After a little saw work the intake was ready for the new distributor

IMG_0602.jpg

Here is the new distributor and wires I had in my stash. I may go get a different set so that the wires don't get lost against the blue of the motor. We'll have to see what happens

IMG_0601.jpg

Dry fit the distributor and wire set.

IMG_0604.jpg

Motor assembled and painted Ford blue

IMG_0605.jpg

Transmission painted steel, bell-housing is aluminum and of course the Ford blue engine.

IMG_0610.jpg

More painting, this is the master cylinder and the brake booster.

IMG_0608.jpg

I'm trying to get hold of a friend of mine who's been drag racing since the 70s with his Demon to help with some questions. I believe his car is in the same class that these KR-8s raced. My questions are, would they keep the brake booster and the power steering pump? Something tells me they do. If not I will have to remove the item in the picture with the red arrow. The green arrow is pointing out the Alternator

IMG_0611.jpg

Dry fit the belts and components. I also sprayed the motor with a dull cote to tone it down a little

IMG_0612.jpg

Thanks for looking

I have a question I would like to ask. I hope it's ok that I do it here. I figured since everyone here is knowledgeable on the early generation kits I could find the answer here. Of all the 65/ 66 Shelby kits available are the side scoops molded into the body or separate pieces? The reason I ask is because for a while now I've been toying with building one of the uber rare 66 GT350 convertibles. I figure I'd need to use a Shelby kit as a donor for such parts and would hate to have to butcher a body to get the scoops. If I can just steal the parts I could always re-build the donor car as a regular Mustang 2+2.

Edited by Dirkpitt289

is it too late to join this build?

i have a 66 mustang that im working on right now, its in the early mockup stages so far

amt 66 mustang that will eventually have the entire chassis and interior from the revell saleen speedster kit

2011-12-09150633.jpg

2011-12-09150643.jpg

We post it all here, between W.I.Ps and major/minor updates to just asking questions about the kits. That's the good thing about these particular CBPs, they seem to be quite a bit more open to dialog and free-flowing build times/sharing than other areas. Feel free to post whatever you have going on your builds.

And the moderators let us shelf moderate the CBP threads for the most part as well, so going off topic is ok in them, I think half of the pages in my 2005-2010 mustang CBP is off topic :lol:

Well then let me join in on an off topic. :rolleyes: Do you know if anyone makes a FR500 CJ Mustang kit? I saw someone built one but he hasn't replied to my PM asking questions about it. :unsure:.

Ok I already started posting my 68 KR-8, now there is my 65 T-5 2+2

I did a dry fit of the body on the frame to see how the engine fits. Not too shabby. Of course I still have to paint the engine compartment but the fit is a lot like the real deal.

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

Detailed thread posted in the workbench area

IMG_4424.jpg

The almost completed interior shot. As some might notice I haven't added any seat belts. Well for those that don't know seat belts were an option in 1965. They weren't standard in Mustangs till 1967 but could be added to your stang the following prices:

Rear Seat Belts $14.78

Front Deluxe Seat Belts w/ Retractors $7.39

Front & Rear Deluxe Seat Belts w/ Retractors $25.40

IMG_4410.jpg

Very nice looking interior, good job.

I have had a slight set back on the bullitt , I was putting the body and chassis together and I poped the nose piece off, when reattaching , I used a little bit to much glue and well lets just say that i have to repaint the front end now.

Very nice looking interior, good job.

I have had a slight set back on the bullitt , I was putting the body and chassis together and I poped the nose piece off, when reattaching , I used a little bit to much glue and well lets just say that i have to repaint the front end now.

I hate when that happens. I'm sure you'll make it right

More progress on the 68 Cobra Jet KR-8

The body has been worked and primed. After a few days drying time I'll start sanding and prepping for paint.

IMG_0643.jpg

In the mean time I got a little farther on the engine. I mounted the aftermarket distributor and wires

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

You can find a more detail on this build at the link below

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51247

Thanks for looking

Time to add some paint to out nameless ford. To do this I broke out some Model Master acrylic Guards Red.

IMG_0080.jpg

I was very happy with this effort till I realized I forgot to mask off the headliner and rear vents. Now I have red over spray all over the interior roof.

You can find a more detail on this build at the link below

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51248

Thanks for looking