Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets do a 1964 1/2-1973 Mustang CBP to go with the others!

Olskoolrodder

Thanks everyone. As you may have experienced yourselves bench time has been kinda limited this last week. I did however make some small advancements.

Work continues on the 68. Another modification was relocating the battery to the trunk for better weight distribution.

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

The crumb like things directly above the shock tower is whats left of the kit battery. :rofl:

IMG_0670.jpg

Using some Evergreen stock I re-skinned the battery compartment

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

Now for a little sanding and we'll be ready for some paint

Edited by Dirkpitt289

Would a Lindberg '63 Mustang II concept be acceptable? I had this idea- let's say a guy bought a new Mustang around 1966 or so, and not too long after he was involved in a minor collison. The owner assumed that since the car needed repairs anyway, why not do a custom, built to resemble the concept car?

Just a thought. B)

I finally can update some progress on my 67 eleanor, just got a new computer. Anyways, have the chassis about wrapped up in all mods, including installing the 32 phantom vicki front mustang 2/ ifs suspension and rack and pinion steering unit with scratchbuilt x member, putting the baldwin motion drag cobra's 427 fe engine in with rear sump oil pan, and scratchbuilding headers with .062 solder. Will be doing a finish on all cleaning of all custom pieces then paint and start of assembly.

054-th.jpg055-th.jpg056-th.jpg057-th.jpg059-th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dirks 65 2+2

I was trying to add the bumpers when I discovered something. The front bumper had an ugly raised seem on both ends of the bumper (No photo, sorry). Using a blade and then some sand paper I removed the seems but then was left with a bumper without chrome on the ends. that's just not going to cut it. Paint would also not do it justice. Then I had an idea.

IMG_0247.jpg

Here was what I had after working out the seem

IMG_0250.jpg

here we are after applying the foil. Not perfect but it looks pretty ###### good from where I'm sitting. Needless to say I'm happy with the results

IMG_0251.jpg

Dirk, I am only going to use one of them one, I got them from Greg thats on here, one of the bodys has a few issues so he gave it to me with the one that has no isses on it. You are right what its going to be, I am not sure on the donar kit needed, but I sent a PM to someone that does know that answer.

Edited by martinfan5

very cool. I think the hoods would be one of the difficult parts to replicate, well for me anyway. I would guess that any of the revell kits should do. I look forward to seeing your build

Getting back to my 65 2+2

I really screwed the pooch on this one.

As I was doing the smaller details I found that the paint on the trim kept coming off. It was then that I realized I never put a sealing cote on this. I figured it was to late at that point but it kept nagging at me. Well on a trip to my LHS I talked to the guy there and he showed me a product called Testors Wet finish. He said all I ad to do was spray it on and that was it. I was a bit hesitant but being the impulsive person that I am I decided to give it a shot. Well you'll see the results in the photos. Aside from all this I truly am happy considering how long it has been since I built a car.

Live and learn, that's part of what this hobby is about, eh?

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

One of the issues I caused is evident in this photo :wall:

IMG_0393.jpg

The T-5 fender badges

IMG_0395.jpg

The fender badge in place along with the engine badge

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

I've learned a lot with this build and will do better on the next one. Now to figure out what that will be.

Edited by Dirkpitt289

Yes martinfan, the Amt gt350 is a direct donor kit for the Eleanor's, have two myself, doing a movie car clone and the other is going to be turned into a eleanor coupe.

Dirk, they come with the body, hood, wheels and outer rings, the headlights, and a tach. If you want it can include airbrush paint that is the correct pepper grey metallic and black metallic for the stripes.

My posts on this thread of chassis and engine fabrication are for my movie clone. Oh yeah and pm Greg wann for more info if interested.

Edited by Devilsnake98

Yes martinfan, the Amt gt350 is a direct donor kit for the Eleanor's, have two myself, doing a movie car clone and the other is going to be turned into a eleanor coupe.

Dirk, they come with the body, hood, wheels and outer rings, the headlights, and a tach. If you want it can include airbrush paint that is the correct pepper grey metallic and black metallic for the stripes.

My posts on this thread of chassis and engine fabrication are for my movie clone. Oh yeah and pm Greg wann for more info if interested.

Thanks Ryan. I sent him a PM last night.