Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets do a 1964 1/2-1973 Mustang CBP to go with the others!

Olskoolrodder

I finally got my 67 mustang gt coupe body from Motor City Resin Casters today and it is very nice. This is a transkit that includes the body, turn signal gt hood, interior panels correct for the coupe, and the front valance. This is intended to have the AMT 67 mustang gt fastback as a direct donor kit.

eleanorcoupe004-vi.jpg

eleanorcoupe005-vi.jpg

eleanorcoupe006-vi.jpg

But being as I want to create a replica of my 1:1 project, this will be combined with a Greg Wann 67 gt500 eleanor body to make an eleanor coupe.

eleanorcoupe001-vi.jpg

eleanorcoupe002-vi.jpg

eleanorcoupe003-vi.jpg

It is a shame to cut up either of these bodies, but I have 2 other eleanor fastbacks i will be doing at some point, and I really want to see the coupe done. Here is the only progress I have so far, hopefully i can get away with only cutting the roof off of both at the same points, sanding to fit, and re-attaching. I will be getting up the nerve to start cutting in the next couple of days when I have time. Any other suggestions would be appriciated.

eleanorcoupe007-vi.jpg

The 68 Cobra Jet turned out nice Dirk. I have some progress of my own. Actually got up the nerve to cut my 2 resin mustang bodies. Cleaned up all and sanded both the fastback body, and the coupe roof edges until they fit back together, making the eleanor coupe. The top is completely ca glued in place, and is ready for the bodywork to begin to make this look like it was cast this way. Here is pics of them seperate and the roof sat in place to get an idea if I made a mistake or not by cutting them apart.

eleanorcoupe0012-vi.jpg

eleanorcoupe0022-vi.jpg

eleanorcoupe0052-vi.jpg

eleanorcoupe0062-vi.jpg

eleanorcoupe0042-vi.jpg

Can't wait to see it under way Jonathan, I too just got the gt350 for a donor for my coupe on evilbay tonight. Got all my body work done on the coupe conversion, and is in filler primer. Now introducing the 1967 Mustang Eleanor coupe haha. With no block sanding yet, the conversion is almost undetectable.

eleanorcoupe2001-vi.jpg

eleanorcoupe2002-vi.jpg

eleanorcoupe2003-vi.jpg

eleanorcoupe2004-vi.jpg

eleanorcoupe2006-vi.jpg

Edited by Devilsnake98

I think you and me were bidding on the same one then, did you pay $12.50 + 6.99 s/h. I like what you are doing with this one , it really looks good, I cant wait to see it finished.

The only problem I am going to have is I dont have an airbrush, so doing the eleanor colors is going to be a problem

Haha, nope I paid 19.95 and free shipping, that would have been pretty funny though. And yeah, I may have to take youre advice and go to harbor freight and try out a cheap airbrush on some bodies that are no good, then attempt a good paint job with the correct color to put on the eleanor coupe.

Jonathan- the closest color I've found in a spray can is model masters Plymouth bright platinum metallic, although it is way to bright compared to the actual pepper gray of the Eleanor. I have only looked at the lhs, not online yet.

And thanks for the comments Greg, couldnt do it without you're awesome mustang body.

The almost wifey? Haha that's funny, anyway of you get it, do share how well it works. The only other thought I had, was to contact the local auto paint supply shop, and see if they would put custom colors in an aerosol can. I know my work does this for they're company color, so I'm gonna see Monday morning, I'll share how it goes.