• Announcements

• Site Upgrade   11/18/2017

The Forums will be down, Friday, November 24th starting 8 AM PST for upgrade.We'll probably be down until 1PM PST, but it might be longer. I'm doing a major forum software upgrade, so I expect the forums to operate somewhat differently when we come back online.  Update: I've had a medical issue come up, and this window might not get used. If it doesn't, I'll push the maintenance back to Saturday, 2 December. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1974-78 MustangII CBP open for entries

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Beautifull,

Posted

Nice 1:1 CobraII. We used to have a guy who hung out with us that had (still has I believe, but I haven't been home in 7 years) a 78 CobraII that was stock-looking but was absolutely nowhere near stock. He used Heidts/FatMan fab front 5-lug spindles with the MustangII front end conversion, a severely narrowed 8.8" Trac-loc with Moser 5-lug axles, Lincoln MKVII LSC Disc brakes and the 16" BBS Mesh wheels (Bill Blass MKVII editions) with the centers powdercoated Black to appear stock, a 347 stroker Aluminum-headed, T/B EFI converted, T-5 5speed swapped drivetrain. That car was silly-fast when he could get it to hook, and looked fairly stock sitting there until you REALLY looked at it. The biggest give-away was the dual exhaust hanging under the car. I miss him and that CobraII..........makes me want to do the same thing one day.

Posted

Bradley, that sounds like a really cool car!! Yeah I have tried to keep mine as close to stock as possible, just intake and 4bbl carb, dual exhuast,and wheels and tires.I did also own a '78 King Cobra with T tops once.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.