Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello gang!

Hello everybody!

Wow time flies! Many new faces here! For those who don't know me (or don't remember) I'm Ismael "the Corvette guy"

I can't believe it's been almost 3 years! I used to be very active in this forum and the hobby in general. For whatever reasons, I faded away from the hobby. I thought it was just a slump but it's been almost 3 years. For a moment I even thought of getting rid of all my stuff.

I can't really say I'm back, but I'm warming up. Now I feel like a complete newbee. I don't even remember what I have or how to do what! I hope it will come back. So forgive me if I start pulling very old progress threads of old projects.

Hope to be back soon!

Regards,

Ismael I thought of you the other day, I swear I did. I was at a hospital and there was a blue Pontiac G6 coupe sitting right next to a new C6 Corvette. Then I said to myself I wonder how he's is doing.

I think you go through life and interests come and go. I had many years that I barely built....maybe one kit every couple years.

I know the feeling, I am also returning from a 3 year hiatus although I painted quite a few bodies. Joining a local model car club has gotten me out of the slump. I was told a story from my Pastor several years ago that might relate here on the board. A pastor visited an elderly women that was not attending Sunday service for quite a while. As they sat together silently watching the fire in the sitting area, a glowing ember popped out of the fireplace and landed on the stone floor in front of them. The ember's glow started to fade and the pastor using the tongs tossed the ember back into the fire and then left. The women showed up in church next week and continued to attend regularly.

Welcome back Ismael, it has been awhile. I actually fell away from the hobby a few years after the old days posting over on the Corvette site. I returned about two years ago and was real rusty with the skills. I cranked up a box-stocker, finished it and then tried some more detailed tricks with another. It all came right back. This is a great place to return. I swear I learn something new here every week. Hope to see your progress on the ZR1!

- Kirk

http://public.fotki.com/KMidd65/