Model Cars Magazine Forum

Victoria completed!

cruz

Hope you guys like it. I was originally thinking about lowering it more but thought that it was better to do it the way a 1950's car guy would have done his, specially with the hopped up engine in it!!! ;) I still did had to lower it a bit more from the front since it was a tad too high.

1953FordVictoriaProject11003-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki1953FordVictoriaProject11002-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki1953FordVictoriaProject11006-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki1953FordVictoriaProject10040-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki1953FordVictoriaProject10036-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I love this build, it is quite good handmanship. It is cleanly build too.

Basically because of that, I noticed a few things and Marcos, I hope you don't take it the wrong way. But I do miss detailling on the battery and the hood.

The battery seems to be one-color black, where it has usually the metal connectors and the maintenance caps, together with some wiring and I miss the hood-hinges and the latch on the front.

Other than that it is a very nice kit. Is this the Lindberg one?

For anyone who missed it, here's the On the Workbench thread, which should add even more to your appreciation. There's some discussion about the paint on page 3. (Amazingly, it started out as flat red Testors enamel from the small bottles.)

http://www.modelcars...opic=48379&st=0

Edited by sjordan2

Marcos, you said that you use polishing compound on the foil to shine it up. Do you find that after a while the foil oxidizes and turns dull? Do you put any clear over the foil trim after you polish it?

Thank you for all your replies fellas, I truly appreciate it! Harry, I've never had any issues with the foil oxidizing but if that were the case, you can get away with putting a coat of Future shine over it. You also mentioned and wanted to know how I get my finishes to look like this, I will answer that later, right now I am responding to this thread from my cell phone and it's quite a hassle to try to achieve this.