Model Cars Magazine Forum

Camper kit

gray07

Erik, you're right . I remember A M T doing a "Open Road " conversion as a accessory to a LWB Chevrolet window van about 1978. i remember someone asking me if i would do a scale snack tray in scale as I was too darn busy manufacturing parts for the 1-1 vans . Ed Shaver

Hey Ed...that is the one I have needs the raised roof camper top parts--70s Chevy van(Mini Motor home--Open Road)camper van kit by AMT.

Since were talking about campers, why dont we make a post and show all the kits that were campers or came with parts to make a camper and trucks that had camper shells for the bed. what do you think, we could start a new post and i could lock this one. It would give us something else to look for.

Finished up at $102.50 plus $15.00 shipping. Someone needs their head examined. I had an armor kit on there last week that retailed for over a 100 bucks and listed it for $50 and couldn't sell it. Had about 60 tire kickers and over a dozen watchers, and this stupid thing sells for over 100. Go figure. I guess it's in more demand or harder to come by than my Tiger tank. Ken

Finished up at $102.50 plus $15.00 shipping. Someone needs their head examined. I had an armor kit on there last week that retailed for over a 100 bucks and listed it for $50 and couldn't sell it. Had about 60 tire kickers and over a dozen watchers, and this stupid thing sells for over 100. Go figure. I guess it's in more demand or harder to come by than my Tiger tank. Ken

That's the beauty AND the beast of a free market... whatever particular item you have is worth whatever someone will pay you for it.

Didn't one of the recent AMT ElCameno reissues have most of a slip in camper in it?

The one with the yellow/black/white drag racer on the box top does. The RC2-era reissue (red car on dark background) from about 2003 or so does not- it has a topper shell instead. Some of the camper parts are included (front and rear walls if I recall) but the rest is AWOL.

• 1 month later...

Wasn't the Camper in the 65 Drag-Camino first offered in the Original or Early 59 El Camino??

I have seen pictures of the 59 box showing it.

I have an original that was 'Painted' with a Marker!!

Also, the topper from the 65 was in many issues. I got one in the Gear Hustler issue

I only call those Bed caps.

I believe that is what the 77-later Ford had, a cap not a camper.

AMT offered the After-market type Fiberglass topper/camper in the

Hunter Special re-issue of their 63 F-100 and in the 69 Chevy C-10 Annual

I have one I got with a 69. it had "Clyde's Custom Campers" decals.

AMT also offered a Cap in the 89+ SnapFast Clubcab Chevy

Standard Not Dually!! (Green)

Revell offered a Cap in one version of the J-10 Honcho Jeep pickup too

I need to finish that one for my scale Fire Department.

I have drawings/plans for a recent "Westwood/Wildwood" single door trailer,

and can do a set for a Dual door unit as friends have them.

I have one of those Normatt Winnebego's

Bought it at a K-Mart in Moon, Pa.!!

Built it back then too!!

Chose it over the "Graveyard Ghoul Duo"

Interior is a tray like piece with everything only simulated

I can dig mine out & take pictures

(I ordered the Motorizing kit later!)

I need to make copies of the set I drew, but they are 18x12 !!

I know I completed a 1/32 scale set.

I would like to duplicate them in 1/25-1/24.

Edited by Edsel-Dan

• 4 years later...