Model Cars Magazine Forum

Camper kit

gray07

Would be awesome if Galaxy would start putting out some camper trailers and maybe a pickup-bed camper to go with the cool trailers they sell already.

i think model king makes the racers wedge/camper unit

it comes with a pick-up bed camper which has a very nice interior

there are a few build ups on here and im personally working (taking the term lightly) i converting the interior into a deora camper

(which by the way was also offered though i dont think it had an interior)

i think model king makes the racers wedge/camper unit

it comes with a pick-up bed camper which has a very nice interior

That isn't a pickup bed camper- it's way too big for that. It can be mounted to a truck chassis in place of a bed or built as a trailer.The only pickup bed camper I'm aware of is the one that used to be in the AMT '65 El Camino, but that was just a shell- no furnishings of any kind for the inside.

Hess did a Vogue motorhome in the late '70's or early '80's that looks pretty accurate but, like everything they do, in some odd "near scale"....

which, btw, would be the perfect base vehicle for the Urban Assault Vehicle from Stripes!

The Hess Training Van was a very good rendition of the GMC Motor Home circa 1973-80, in 1/25th scale as well.

Art

You know what just occurred to me?

Back then, toys actually were a depiction of real things. Not like today, where everything is in some way - how shall I call it? - infantilized?

Gosh, look at those pics and compare it with what you find in a toy shop nowadays. You know what I mean.

I have one of these, mint in box. It was a promo given out through Winnebago dealers. It scales out to about 1/20 and is designed to be motorized. It's not really a kit, just a plastic promo type vehicle with stickers that buyer adds.

As many campers/motorhome and millions of popups, why dont the model companies bring out others, i had the camper, its more of a cap from the 68/69 chevy that i traded to a resin caster, i was hoping he would bring it out.

AMT did a camper van back in the 70s - I'll see if I can find a photo...

Erik, you're right . I remember A M T doing a "Open Road " conversion as a accessory to a LWB Chevrolet window van about 1978. i remember someone asking me if i would do a scale snack tray in scale as I was too darn busy manufacturing parts for the 1-1 vans . Ed Shaver