Model Cars Magazine Forum

2011 Nascar Dodge Charger Brad Keselowski

MarkJ

denalcohol.jpg

afterdenalc.jpg

readyforsanding.jpg

Tried 95% denatured alchohol and got much better results. Ready for sanding and putty and styrene modifications to add a front and rear spoiler and change the nose a little. I also have to change the quarter glasses.

Edited by MarkJ

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job so far Mark. Please post more pics as you go. I'm going to attempt a Tony Stewart chevy in the near future and was wondering how to modify the nose.

Bruce, Thanks for the reply. Tony's Chevy will be easier because I believe the kit nose decals will also work for the 2011 nose.

frontltside4primer.jpg

frontrtside4primer.jpg

The nose is ready for some two color priming to get rid of scratches, dips and pin holes.

spoilerbraces.jpg

spoilerbracesinstalled.jpg

rearbracesputtied.jpg

I made some diamond shaped pieces of styrene to splt but not break for the spoiler braces. After installing I added some putty to make them more uniform. It looks like the braces are not symetrical side to side and the reason being is that the real cars braces are not symetrical side to side.

Looking good. Interesting subject, new Nascars are something really rarely seen in this scale. Bodywork looks good too. I'll be watching, but where are you going to get decals for it?

Niko, I will use some of the contengencie decals that come in the kit but the rest I will have to create on my computer and print out on testors paper. I did a test decal to see how it would look and it turned out pretty good.

Edited by MarkJ

Mark- I looking forward to seeing how this turns out , I have been holding out on getting the AMT COT kits, I have been thinking about trying to do some Nwide COT using the AMT COT .

I saw this build on the NASCAR forurm.

The dodge nose is a little tricky to do, I know I had problems getting to look right, remember the headlight area is not as sloped back like on the chevy, and the grill is more square ish, and the top part of grill is sloped back. I hope that makes sense.

Edited by martinfan5

this is interesting....is there plans to open the hood?

Lanny, I could see where it could be done but I do not know where to find a 1/25 scale engine. If you used an engine from a 2007 1/24 scale Revell kit it would not look right. It would be way too big. AMT could have sold a lot more of these kits if they had just made them 1/24 scale. It would not have been that much more plastic in each kit to have done it. Pretty bad decision on their part.

Edited by MarkJ