Model Cars Magazine Forum

kennb

I have learned one thing.Never paint a whole body chrome :huh: It comes out nice but is very fragile and soft. My taping job was not great and have some touch up to do. It will be fine when I am finished.

SANY1334.jpg

SANY1336.jpg

I need to get better tape to do two colors. But it is all I had on hand at the moment.

KennB :)

I touched up the red last night. The one thing about the silver is that it takes forever to set up and is still kinda soft. For the next one I will have to find another silver.

SANY1373.jpg

The interior is almost finished. I am not getting to carried awaysince it will only be seen through the windows. Needs the floor covering and appliances painted yet.

SANY1356.jpg

I found a correct plate for it on the net,,1946 trailer plate.

SANY1358.jpg

KennB

Edited by kennb

• 3 weeks later...

I know you got sidetracked into the 55 T-Bird concept, etc. but I'm drooling to see this one finished Ken.

And then...... when you do have all the others done, how about tackling this one? It's a Curtis Aerocar Land Yacht, circa 1932. It's located in the Louwman Museum, which may be somewhere in Holland, but I don't read cyrilic text, so I'm not sure. You may be able to get more pictures and info by contacting the museum at http://m400ru.livejournal.com/4819.html (The car is a 1932 Graham Blue Streak Coupe.)

1932GrahamBlueStreakCoupewithCurtisAerocarLandYacht.jpg

1932GrahamBlueStreakCoupewithCurtisAerocarLandYacht2.jpg

Definitely a oddball and deserving of your scratchbuilding talents. Even if you don't tackle it, it's an interesting camper of the vintage era.

Looks realy interesting for sure.Thanks for posting it. I have been seartching for a new project. Need something to use my blown hemi in. :D nice 32 chebby maybe.

As for this project I have been slowly painting parts and got the refrigerators and stoves for both trailers painted and chromed. Still looking for the right floor coverings.

KennB