Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Camaro El General Pro Mod (updates 05/06/12)

tyrone

What's up fellas, this is going to be my latest project, I picked this body and scoop at the show in Atlanta, I'll be working on this in between finishing up the 68 in the background and the 63 chevy 2 here's a few mock ups for you...

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

030-1.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Thanks Jerry and Chris I appreciate it....

Thanks Michael, and yes this is the new flashpoint body...

Thanks Bart, I actually robbed these wheels off the chevy 2 for mock ups, but I do really like these wheels, every time I go to my LHS I check for these, can never have enough nice wheels lol....I guess I'll put these kits on ebay minus the wheels, since all I use are the wheels.....

O.K. Tyrone, thought I would help you out with an idea for a paint scheme. I know that you tend to lean towards just a basic one color scheme for most of your builds (which is cool) but I was looking at this mockup and for some reason the following came to mind.

The car looks good in white, albeit a brighter painted white than what is seen here in resin. Paint the body some form of bright white but with some mild graphics added to it. To contrast, the hood could be a bright blue to set it off from the rest of the car. And, this image below could be added to the hood along with a string of matching skulls running along the rocker panels, and even around the front valence and lower rear area as well.

Ultimately it's your build to create your own paint scheme but I thought I'd throw this idea out there. If you like I can put it all together on a sheet for you.

xlbioskullflamedecal589p-vi.jpg

2703b7b989f6-vi.jpg

Edited by 1320wayne

O.K. Tyrone, thought I would help you out with an idea for a paint scheme. I know that you tend to lean towards just a basic one color scheme for most of your builds (which is cool) but I was looking at this mockup and for some reason the following came to mind.

The car looks good in white, albeit a brighter painted white than what is seen here in resin. Paint the body some form of bright white but with some mild graphics added to it. To contrast, the hood could be a bright blue to set it off from the rest of the car. And, this image below could be added to the hood along with a string of matching skulls running along the rocker panels, and even around the front valence and lower rear area as well.

Ultimately it's your build to create your own paint scheme but I thought I'd throw this idea out there. If you like I can put it all together on a sheet for you.

xlbioskullflamedecal589p-vi.jpg

2703b7b989f6-vi.jpg

Man.... now this is a great suggestion and awesome of Wayne to help you out with the graphics!

Edited by eviltwincustoms