Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Camaro El General Pro Mod (updates 05/06/12)

tyrone

That paint scheme will knock your socks off and blast the eyeballs right out of a guy's head! Sorry for being so graphic... LOL

Careful Scott. you're being really convincing right now, LOL... If any one could do the decals I'd be glad to trade something......

looks great Tyrone... Where did you get the nitrous bottles?

I got the nos bottles of ebay from a seller called rolla_racer... he does not have any more up at the time I just sent him a message, because I could use some more also, I'll let you know if he responds...

That is a mean paint scheme..... I say go for it! What decals are you asking to have made, the decal on the back quarter panel?

The graphic is probably one of the easier to pull off since it is only 3 main colors. Start out with laying down the white and fade in the blue on the nose and goes solid Blue from the wheel well back. Then mask off over top of the fade and finish out with something like HOK Sunset or Sunrise Orange and Bang, you will have an outstanding paint job.

Hey Ty ~

I can do the artwork for your General logo but need to see a better redition of it. I looked on the web but came up empty. Might you have a better copy somewhere? You'll need to source someone to print it though.

BTW - your build is truly inspiring and your ability to cleanly detail everything is amazing. Keep at it and I've seen your paint jobs, you can certainly do this one.

Edited by gasser59

Thanks Darryl. seriously thinking about thiis, but I can't make up the decals...

mikehill68camaro.jpg

Tyrone this paint job is a simple mask and fade. You dont need a decal Im sure you could put it off.

Simple instructions :

1. paint body white or white pearl (your choice)

2. fade you choice of blue on top of that

3. give time to dry , now mask that pattern off hit the body with a bright silver, then a sunset gold top coat.

4. pinstripe the borders

Its really that simple, I almost wish I had found it first cause I sure would use it too LOL! I hope it works out for you Bro! B)

thanks Rom I think I can handle the paint,,, the decal I was talking about the was the El general on the rear quater panels. I'm going to use this paint scheme regardless though.....I should have some updates on this one soon... thanks bro..

With the progress you're making on this, it's hard to believe you just started in Nov.

Did you spray a clear gloss over the frame and firewall?

Maybe you could contact El General, describe what you're doing and they can send you literature, photos or something you could use to reduce. Chuck Boerner stang1forever@yahoo.com makes custom decals and could probably either make them or print them, if someone else does the graphics. He's in a thread here: http://www.modelcars...=1

Edited by TedsModeling

Looking good as usual Tyrone, That is the medical tape on the seat correct?

Thanks guys, Joe I use medical tape for the seat cover and on the seat belts. thanks again guys..

With the progress you're making on this, it's hard to believe you just started in Nov.

Did you spray a clear gloss over the frame and firewall?

Maybe you could contact El General, describe what you're doing and they can send you literature, photos or something you could use to reduce. Chuck Boerner stang1forever@yahoo.com makes custom decals and could probably either make them or print them, if someone else does the graphics. He's in a thread here: http://www.modelcars...=1

thanks Ted I'll look into that... thanks for the tip..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas, well I picked this one up today and I made a set of headers from styrene tubing, still a ways to go on them though I'm gonna try some different colors of alclad on them this time around,,, here's a few mock ups....

003-6.jpg

006-6.jpg

007-4.jpg

008-7.jpg

hopefully they'll resemble this when done....

4bf7d5f3.jpg