Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Cougar contest pictures

Hi Guys and Gals,

Here is a picture of my 67 Cougar trans kit from RR. The contest was in Fayetteville, NC, put on by the Lafayette scale modelers. I'll be taking it to all the shows and contest that I plan on going to in 2012. The first picture is from the contest and the second is a closer one from home. Enjoy.

Hi Again,

I've been corrected by the Mrs.about the pictures. I stated that it was a trans kit from RR, that is not true. It should have been stated, that it would have been a trans kit from RR. Thanks for the inputs on the build. I hope to have any problems noted fixed by the time of the IPMS/USA National Convention in Florida 8-8 to 8-11.

post-8796-0-13015000-1322098102_thumb.jp

post-8796-0-14021300-1322098186_thumb.jp

Edited by mustang nut

Man that thing looks as good as the $60 dollars of parts that i ordered from RR 2 years ago they are so clear you can't see them. James i love it just shows not all publicity is good publicity good on ya for doing that.

Edited by jasoncamaro

Hi Guys and Gals,

I just received a phone call from Don at RR(11-25-11 at 1:15 p.m.). He tells me that if I do not have these pictures removed by the end of the day he is not going to send my cougar and scoops. To me that sounds like blackmail? Why sould I have to remove my pictures before he sends my things? If they are removed today he will send them by monday with delivery confirmation. He's mad because I forgot to say that I received 80% of my order of 3 mustang ragtops and a few other parts in May 2011 (after 6 months of nagging him). If anybody wants copies of the emails that I sent just let me know. I'm tired of his phone calls after I emailed him telling not to call until he sends the rest of the order. He says he is going to play hard ball now. I'm thinking of letting him keep the money and just let others check out the forums so they don't lose their hard earned money as I have. I don't care anymore, he could send me a dozen cougars and he could never get me to order from him again! You know that old saying, one happy customer :D will tell 10 people and one unhappy customer :( will tell a 100, I wonder how many a mad customer :angry: is going to tell? I'll get a cougar kit from another caster and let you know about it also. Talk to you all later.

James,

Interesting, how you make it sound like "you never received anything" from us

When in fact... you have in fact received 80% of your original order , however no mention of that here

{Nor , any mention of the quality of that 80% ( 3 ) 08 Mustang trans kits & other misc. items }

Yes, we do owe you 20% of the order , (1) 67 Cougar & a couple of smaller hood scoops

(These molds do not last forever & have to re molded after approx. 50 castings )

What interests me, ( besides the fact you joined this group just to bash me ) ,

is that your not mentioning that you did indeed recv. 80% of your order , a long time ago

& I quote your words > "very happy w/ the Quality of our resin products you did reveive"

Now, your posting 1/2 truths ref me / my company , and from what I understand aren't 1/2 truths .... basically lies

Your balance on this order ( 20% ) is packed up & ready to be shipped w/ Delivery Confirmation

( read the direct email to you )

Just an FYI to all , if anyone has any questions w/ our resin products or your order

Feel free to communicate w/ me here Directly > ReliableResin@aol.com

Happy Thanksgiving wkd

Edited by Reliable Resin

Don, If this was an incident and this was the only problem with RR, I would say you were right.But since there are numerous topics on RR, I'd say the topic just adds to many, many problems with RR.

I have not bought anything from RR, so I can not tell, nor state, that it is in fact a bad company. However, with all the problems that surface, I will not buy from RR. I think you need to do a whole lot to improve your track-record.

And blackmailing does not work in your favor, better to ask to remove the pictures in a friendly way after he got his order complete. You are the one that has to fullfill your part, the buyer already did with paying.

Edited by The Creative Explorer

Don,

Most of us know that resin casting is a lot of work for not a lot of money, and most have patience to wait for products from cottage industry businesses. 6-8 weeks is reasonable and standard, a half a year is excessive. If you really told him you wouldn't send the rest of the order until the pics were removed, that won't look good for you if someone Googles RR and this thread pops up. The best thing for you to do is send the order with delivery confirmation, and mention it here in the thread in case the OP does not say that he got it. It will be late, but it will illustrate that the order was filled, and the matter is closed.

-MJS

Erick,

that's fair enough, & can understand your position

* however what your Not Seeing is the 1,000's who have indeed recv'd our Quality resin products

Enjoied the building Process over the past 9+ yrs that we've been in business !

Case in point,

* did James join group MCM to post that he did indeed recv' 3 > 08 Mustang CV & other misc items, & that he was happy w/ the product ??

NO, ..... he joined here the other day to air dirty laundry

Seems to me ( & others) that once someone has a minor "situation" w/ us ( or anyone else for that matter ) here

that the 1st "knee jerk reaction" is Post Publicly , instead of the senseable solution , communicating directly w/ indivdual

As far as your concerned ( Erik ) might I suggest that you visit our web site , if there's anything there you like , place an order & see for yourself.

Edited by Reliable Resin