Model Cars Magazine Forum

Great Dane Preview.

A little Black Friday treat from Moebius Models! Here are a few pictures of the Great Dane Trailer Tooling Mock-up... As you can see it looks alot like a 53 ft Reefer...

There are a few details to be corrected and a few more to be added.

Hope to have it on the way back to the factory by middle of next week...

010A-M.jpg

007-2A-M.jpg

008-2A-M.jpg

012A-M.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Dave

Looks like a big two thumbs up, WAY UP, so far Dave.

One suggestion that I know has been made before, but is there any way possible to have both the steel two hole Budd wheels and the 10 hole Alcoas like on the Lonestar included?? The Budd wheels would give that a normal fleet look while those of us like me who like to have fancy trucks would use the Alcoas and throw the Budds in the parts box for later use.

Oh, if you need anyone to build a test shot......... :) :) :):D

Thanks for looking.

Dave

No, thank you for posting!

Dave, so does it have a sliding tandem carriage, opening doors with detailed interior and detailed engine on the Thermo King SB unit?

To those that are unaware, disc wheels are available from aftermarket suppliers.

Edited by chuckyr

I do like Mr. Brownlee's idea for optional wheels, but even if not- I'm up for at least a couple- the Lonestar and Prostar would look pretty nekkid without a trailer to pull.

Wow Mr. Most, we're being so formal now!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I gotta say I'm up for it too no matter what wheels are in it, but it would be nice as an option for once so I don't have to raid those built up junk bins at shows (that sometimes have no truck parts) just for enough wheels for my fancy trucks to have nice wheels on their trailers.

Oh, and I have an edit for your post to Chuck, it should read "a NICE trailer to pull"! :lol:

Trailer = awesome.

Moebius = best model company ever!!

Loving all you do!!

Thanks, Dave & Company.

I second, third, fourth, and fifth that!! :D It's nice to have a model company that seems that it truly listens to their customers and what they want to see on the shelves.

Wheels are 10 hole Alcoas like LoneStar, for now. Doors do not open - Interior has no detail

This isn't a test shot - this is the tooling Mock-up - this is for us to see how everything looks before tooling starts - We'll fix a few details that aren't quite right and add a few that are missing based on this mock-up before we start tooling.

Test shots come in a few months after tooliong is done - test shots are early shots from the tooling we use them to make sure everything fits together properly.

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is looking GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dave, please, can you tell me, will the sides and top each be one long piece with no hard to fill seams cutting right across the raised side detail?

Edited by Ben

Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is looking GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dave, please, can you tell me, will the sides and top each be one long piece with no hard to fill seams cutting right across the raised side detail?

Yep It's going to be about a 26 inch long box! - trailer floor, roof and side walls are all designed as one piece parts....Trailer itself is about 25.44 inches long - plus refer unit on front wall...

Dave