Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Thunderbolt

maltsr

Having built eight of these kits already, thought I would do something different with this one.

Using the latest version of the kit, the '64 Fairlane street machine, I was able to select the non-teardrop hood, because this is no drag racer.....

Instead, out came the hacksaw and off came the roof :lol:

I have already decided on the colour but not sure about the wheel/tyre combo yet.

002-2.jpg

003-4.jpg

005-7.jpg

• 2 months later...

Dug this out from the pile and made lots of progress.

Managed to resolve the rear tulip panel to take the 1964 1/2 Mustang convertible boot cover. While I was at it, I adapted the rear seat and doglegs from the same kit to the Thunderbolt's interior bucket. Front seats will also come from the pace car kit.

Paint is an auto paint metallic brown from a spraycan, still needs some work to make it shiny.

Comments welcome.

002-12.jpg

005-18.jpg

I like the color, a lot. The boot and seats too - really nice combo in there. The door panels might need some attention though. On the HT/T-bolt you can get away with the limited detail - on a convertible, I think it will stand out. They just look so flat and featureless.

The chrome trim will really stand out on that dark brown. Should look fantastic.

Thanks guys.

I had already decided to go with the kit's 427 (thanks anyway Rob), plus I forgot to remove the fender emblems before painting :rolleyes:

For the engine why not something modern say Iike a 4.6L DOHC out of the 2003 mustang corba or the 5.4L DOHC out of the super stallion.

I have yet another T'bolt planned, and yes this will include a modern motor (I have a Super Stallion one somewhere).

008-6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...