Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foreign Vehicle build (Started)

martinfan5

The doors look good

Taking a break from packing, I did get both the Jag and R8 bodys painted, and here is how they look

p1-44.jpg

p2-40.jpg

That is it for now.

Ian, its going, just trying to get everything packed, and thats not going to happen , so its going to pack while loading, but almost all of the model stuff is pack :D

Edited by martinfan5

The windscreen is a piece that supports the delicate A pillars while the body is being painted , and nice paint on the jag and R8!

Are the a pillars that fragile that it needs support ?, that color really suits the lambo well, and the trim looks great, mask and spray?,

Well after 6 days of no bench time, I am back at the work bench , here is what I have done so far.

I clear coated the R8, but its hard to tell, painted the wheels, and started getting the body finished, brakes and wheels backs installed

I am not sure if I want to keep the wheels the color they are, I used Matt aluminum, I was thinking of doing them in black

a1-10.jpg

a2-8.jpg

a3-6.jpg

a4-3.jpg

a5-1.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Looking good Jonathan , and welcome back . How'd the move go ?

Thanks mate, it was a move, it sucked, I think trying to get everything unpacked, and settled is going to be harder then the move, still not done yet. I am still trying to get all the model stuff unpacked, and still have to find a place to set up the ole paint box

I am going to try a different color for the wheels, my first plan was black wheels, so may go back to that.

Now that the Audi and Ecto 1 are done, time to work some more on the Etype, I started getting the interior painted, I am going with a tan color, need to get away from the black I always seem to do. I need to get some tan flocking now.

j1-1.jpg

lookin good so far you're on a roll for coming off a move lol

Trying to, still getting the bugs worked out you could say :lol: , I still need to redo how I set up the finished models, I lost a book shelf during the move, and that book case I used for models/model stuff. So that is throwing me off , its and OCD thing I guess.

Since I am back down to one kit I am working, time to start a few more, and here is what I am starting

p1-18.jpg

p2-4.jpg

I am not sure on color yet, I am trying to stay away from using red on the Ferrari, I thinking of doing a blue on it, for the BMW, I am not sure, I know it will be a dark color

Working getting the mold lines removed

p4-26.jpg

p7-6.jpg

p3-31.jpg

p5-16.jpg

Edited by martinfan5